Mistletoe

«Toby!»

«Spence!»

They yelled, running into each other's arms in the hallways.

«Awww I've missed you» he said hugging her tight

«Not more than I did!» she chuckled

«We really have to change classes. No way I'll survive without you next to me in every class»

They started walking towards the lunch room

«Of course you idiot! No way I'm spending another hour without your stupid face around. I'll fail my year on purpose if they don't change me»

«Nah you won't» he laughed before putting an arm around her neck

«Yes.» She smiled «But that's not a reason they still have to change me»

«I'll tie your foot up to mine if they don't. That way they won't be able to do anything»

She kissed him on the cheek and started laughing
«You'd really do anything for me won't you?»

«Like I ACTUALLY have to answer that question» he said as if it was the most obvious thing ever

«We really are goals aren't we?»

«People get more jealous everyday» he pushed the door of the lunchroom «Milady» he said in a very bad british accent

«Thank you dear» she answered playfully before going back to her normal voice
«I- am- starving! During Science this guy next to me kept eating chocolate and I was like "come on share" but he was just a selfish rat so i had to watch him eat chocolate for an hour and a half! Can you imagine this?! I think this is what torture looks like»
She talked so fast that nobody normally constituted could have understood her.
But, as "normal" as he was, Toby didn't need someone to decode the Spencer language. He knew her like the back of his pocket.

«Overreacting much?» he laughed as they sat at a table

«Keep us the seats I'll bring the plates» She said, not reacting to his previous comment which made him laugh even more.
She came back two minutes later.

«They had pizza left but I took salads instead» she handed him the bowl

«What?! Why?»

«It's Friday! We'll eat good pizza tonight so I figured we'd feel less guilty if we ate this right»

«That is actually a good point Hastings.» he smiled, looking down at his phone «Oh. Lindsay just texted me»

«If she wants to steal you tonight tell her that the most important person in the world to you, a.k.a me, your bff, has already made plans and does not want her to ruin them» she said, reminding him.

«It's probably just to say hi» he said casually, unlocking his phone
«Oh»

«What?»

«She's breaking up with me»

«Wh- What?» she said, taking the phone away from his hands and reading the text «I'm sorry but we're too different I think we should take a break.
Who does she think she is? Ross Geller? I'd kill that bitch»

«Spence come on it's okay. We only were together three months like. We hooked up twice this summer but»

«Hey. I know» she put her hand up for a high-five, which he high-fived back