Always here

Note. They are 16.
Prom Night (three months ago)/Gymnasium

Toby arrived to the dance, Spencer at his arm. They went to see to group.
They all stayed together for 15' until Toby's date came in.
He really liked his girlfriend, they've been together for a while now (around 8 months) and everything was going great despite the fact that she was a bit jealous of Spencer.
Toby could understand her concern, he was damn close to her but, you're always close to your best friend and that's normal. They've known each other for over ten years now so, they're always here for each other and Jane feels threatened by Spencer (in a romantic way).
He always told her nothing would ever happen with Spencer, he knows it. Does he have some feelings for her? Sure, a bit but he got over them, he knows Spencer does not want anything more than what they already have: a beautiful friendship.

The dance is really enjoyable, Toby doesn't really like dancing but the music and his partner are very cool so he doesn't mind.
A slow dance starts at like 9 PM (an hour after the prom officially begun) and, while being close to Jane and dancing slowly, Toby notices that Spencer is still alone, sitting on a chair, a paper cup in her hand.
Wasn't Wren supposed to come? Toby doesn't really know what to do. If he goes and see her, Jane will get very mad (and that's normal, you don't want to get ditch on your prom-night) but he hates seeing Spence like this, especially because of this guy. He really hates him for some unknown reason.
He thinks a bit and pulls away from Jane.
- Honey?

- What's wrong Toby? She asks with a smile

- I'm sorry but, can I just go check on Spence really quick? I think she got stood up...

- Spencer again? Come on Toby this is our night, not hers. She's a big girl who probably needs to be left alone for a while now.

"Spencer doesn't like to be left alone, she hates it" he thought to himself

- Jane, I'll be back I promise, just 5min and I'll come back for the next song.

- You know what Toby? You can take more than 5, I'm leaving now, you can go after me or take care of Spencer as always. She said in a sad, angry and disappointed voice.

He was about to go after her but he looked into Spencer 's eyes and melted from the inside. How could someone stand her up.
He takes a paper cup filled with punch and sit next to Spencer

- Hey. What are you so sad about?

- What makes you think I'm sad ?

- Come on, I know you. And you're sitting alone when you could be dancing.

- That's what happens when your date doesn't show up on prom night Toby...
I'm not going to dance alone. I'll drink this, it'll make me forget.

- Come on, there isn't even alcohol in this thing. He laughs

- Oh really? Guess I didn't see Noel khan put vodka in this. earlier.
Anyway, you should go back to Jane, at least she is here.

- Something came up. /Toby lies
Come on, let's dance. Wren doesn't deserve you and we are going to have so much fun.

She doesn't say anything so Toby takes her hand and makes her stand up. She's shaking a bit.

- Spence? How many of these did you have?

- Once I swear. But it's okay, look at you, you'll save me if I fall. She chuckles a bit.