Never leaving you again

"I'm so happy to finally see you! I've missed you so much"
" Yeah me too. I'm leaving right now i'll arrive tonight I promise"
" Promise ? "
" Of course"
" See you tonight then. Love you"
" I love you too Spencer"
*hangs up*
{ 5 O clock }

Now that Spencer is living a few hours away from Toby, they don't see each other as much as they should. Usually, they manage to see each other at least once a week but with Spencer's and Toby's new jobs it has become more complicated for them.
The distance is the source of many conflicts in their relationship and they really want to make it work.
It has been a month since they have seen each other and Spencer is really looking forward to this night.
She took the next day off to enjoy Toby as much as she can, she even planned to cook -and that's big 'cause she doesn't really know how-
She put on some music and prepared lasagnas: simple but very good and she knows Toby likes them. A bottle of wine was on the table next to two fancy glasses and a few rose petals.
After cleaning the apartment, she put on a nice red dress that didn't cover much, she usually put this one on when they don't see each other for a while and meet again, always works.

She really wanted this night to be wonderful cause the last weeks hasn't been really good for her relationship with Toby. They fought a lot, of course every couple fight but those fights could be breakups fights and she didn't want them to be, nor Toby. Sometimes it's the only way but she really didn't want to...

Flashback [on the phone]
- I'm sorry i had to take it! It pays a lot and it could allow me to move back here someday!
- What's the point of moving back here if you have no one to come back to...
- What do you mean ?
- I've been thinking a lot and... i don't know Spencer I feel like you're staying with me just because...
- Of course not! Why would you think that ?
- It's just that every time i try to make things easier for us, you either take another job, or change your schedule or do something to make it harder. I love you but i feel like you're leaving me slowly.
- No Toby! Of course I love you. But understand me, i need to work, i don't want to depend on you if one day we move together or something.
- Would it be such a bad thing ? What is so wrong with the idea ?
- You kidding right ?
- I'm not saying that you should depend on me but, what if you moved back here and just, work on your book while I work and then maybe someday when you sell it...
- It's too risky, i can't put that kind of pressure on you, it probably won't wor-
- Say that you don't trust me !
- That's not what I'm saying Tob's. Please hear me out-
- I'm sorry I shouldn't have said anything. I have to go. Love you
End of flashback

After these kind of fights, Spencer always apologized by text and they made up on the phone later but, she knows that someday he won't take her apologies and she won't take his.
She knows what he means when he says that he feel that she's always making it harder by taking her jobs too seriously but she can't help it. She's like this, she often prioritize her work over her love life and she knows she shouldn't but she cannot stop it: she wish she could.
She wants to make it work to badly, she's so in  love with this guy she wish she could show it. But, she's afraid. Afraid of moving back there and having no money to live a good life.

But isn't love worth all this ?
----
8 PM and no sign of Toby. She kept calling him on his phone but nothing
" Toby, i don't know what is happening and if you're mad at me but please. I know it has been hard but i need you. I may not show it enough but I need you. I'll be waiting for you all night if I have to. Please don't give up on us. I love you please call me back"
9Pm
10Pm: the candles have melted and the meal is cold. She's sitting on the couch, her phone in her hand and crying.
He wasn't mad when he left, what made him change his mind ? Why would he keep her waiting like that.
*marimba ringtone*