36. A day with a bunch of troublesome kittens

I sighed in relief and collapsed on the couch. Shi smirked and let out a quiet chuckle. "Are you sure you can look after seven cats?", he asks. I sit up and glare at him. "Don't you dare judge me, I'm a great mother and look after all of my babies just fine thank you". He rolls his eyes and peers over into the corner of the room where all seven cats are sleeping soundly. They had caused so much trouble today that they had worn themselves out and turned in early. "What would you do if I was to wake them up?", Shi hints. I send him a deadly glare. "You better go and kiss Yana before your six feet under". His face turns bright red, now it was my turn to smirk. "Well today you didn't look like you were doing very well looking after the cats". I scoff and fold my arms, leaning back in my seat. "I think I did fine".

Flashback

I almost suffocated to death. I woke up in my bed to find a black kitten sitting on my face. I picked him up and moved him off of me. "Sebastian you can't sit on my face, I'll die if I can't breath", I lecture. Sebastian rolls his red eyes and sulks off like a moody teen. He was one of the weird ones but to be truthful, they all were. I walked into the living room to find Neko and Inu sitting on the kitchen counter. Neko was grooming Inu's thick ginger fur as she purred happily. My eyes met with Inu's blue ones and the she closed them, falling asleep next to Neko. I tried to ignore that and make myself some breakfast. I was thinking to make cereal because I couldn't be bothered doing anything that required any real effort.

While I was eating my breakfast I heard a quiet hiss. I turned and saw Koto and Sebastian fighting. Koto had white and brown patchy fur and grey eyes. I picked Koto up and sat him next to his brother Junpie. Junpie was fully brown and has one blue eye and one green. I knew this because of seeing him yesterday but right now I couldn't see his eyes, he was asleep. I'm not quite sure why but Junpie is always sleeping, just like his mother. I went to back to my breakfast and finished it.

I walked into the kitchen and turned on the tap to wash my dishes. I jumped back when I saw something small and yellow jump into the sink. I walked forward and saw Goldfish, his bright blue eyes stared up at me. He was sitting directly under the water, letting it soak his ginger fur. He meowed happily. I was confused... I thought cats hated water? Just as I was about to turn the tap off I saw a flash of black jump up onto the dining room table. Sebastian sat on the table and looked at me with daring eyes. He walked over to a glass full of juice on the table, it was dangerously close to the edge. Sebastian looked between you and the glass a couple of times before walking over to it. My eyes widened. "Oh no you don't!". I run to stop him but I'm to late. His small black paw pushes the glass of the table, spilling juice all over the floor. I sigh and head to the bathroom to get a towel. I went into my room and pulled out some old cat toys. Neko used to play with them when he was younger but now they didn't interest him. I tipped them out on the ground in the living room, gathering the attention of two of the kittens. Koto and Sebastian ran over and began playing with the toys, now I had to locate the other.

Goldfish was still sitting in the sink underneath the flow of water, a pleased look on his face. I turned the tap off causing him to meow sadly. I sigh and pick up the soaking wet cat, taking him into the bathroom. I put the plug in the bath and begin running the water. When it was a reasonable height I turned the water off. Goldfish happily jumped in and began playing in the water. When I returned to the living room Koto and Sebastian were still playing with toys so now I know where three are. I smiled because I knew where Junpie was but when I looked at the couch he wasn't there. I began running around the house looking for him only to find him sitting next to his food bowl, asleep. I was surprised as to how much he could eat because he could eat so much. I poured some more food into his bowl, waking him up. He opened his different colored eyes and looked up at me. He then turned around and began eating.

Now I knew where four of the kittens were, all I needed now was to find the last. It was strange that out of a litter of five there was only one girl, I would think at least two would be girls, or more. After ten minutes I had searched every room but one, Shi's room. It was 10 am and he hadn't gotten up yet which was worrying. Shi was a morning person and was usually the one to get my lazy ass out of bed but he wasn't awake... I don't think. I lightly knocked on his door and then pushed it open. Shi was still asleep, I could hear his loud snores. I crept over and saw a small black kitten sitting on his chest. Her green eyes glowed in the dark room as she looked at me. I carefully picked her up and left the room. I sighed in relief and placed her on the ground in the living room with Koto and Sebastian. I looked over at the couch and saw that Junapie was laying on the couch again but this time Neko and Inu were beside him. I giggled and went to my room to get changed only to slip and fall. I sat up and rubbed my throbbing head, looking around for an explanation on how I fell. I sweat dropped when I saw little wet paw prints all over the floor. Suddenly a soaking wet ginger cat jumped on top of me and licked my nose before running off. I scowled at the little cat as it ran away and walked into the bathroom to get a mop.

Flashback end

I had just finished mopping the floor and saw that all the cats were asleep. Shi was sitting on the couch in his pajama's and I wore mine too, I hadn't had a chance to get changed. Suddenly the door bell rang and the kittens all woke up. I gritted my teeth and stormed over to the door, these guys better have a good reason to be here. And guess who it was...

Here is an update, sorry I haven't been getting them out that often, I don't have many idea left for this story. So I might have to end it soon... sorry. If I get more suggestions I may be able to extent it but if I can't we are going to have to say bye bye to this story. Also I am so happy that we have got 13k reads on this story, thank you all for reading this. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD