Just Give Me A Reason Ch. 16

Authoress Notes: Oh shit! I updated finally, I was going to try update Friday but I caught my nephew's cold and ran a fever. I'm feeling much better but still sick. I'm sorry for not updating in so long it's just I ended up losing my motivation which can suck for any writer. But I'm back ;33

ENJOY!!

~*~*~*~*~*~

I got off the plane and got my luggage. I airport wasn't too crowded so that was good. I walked out of the terminal and there was my mom waiting for me. I felt tears pricking the side of my eyes and I ran to her and hugged her.

"Oh Americus! Come lets go home," my mom kept her arms around me and pulled me along to the car.

Once in the car she started to drive back home. I listened to the radio as it played and I then looked over to my mom. 

"Honey is everything okay?" She asked me.

"I'll tell you when we get home," I smiled sadly.

"Okay," my mom left it at that and continued to drive home.

At home I was ambushed by my dog Diamond! I laughed as she licked me and was wagging her tail. I missed her so much, I did come and visit when I could since I got married. But I still missed my baby girl.

"Diamond! I know I missed you too!" I hugged her and she just sniffed and licked me. 

"Haven't seen her this excited since I got her a bone." I looked up and smiled when I saw my dad.

"Dad!" I hugged him and he hugged me back.

"Well I'm off to work, we will talk when I get back okay," my dad said and I nodded.

When dad left I sat down at the kitchen table and my mom came over and sat down. 

"Honey..." my mom whispered to me.

"My marriage....it's over! I kissed another guy and I liked it and Drew found out and... everything has been stressful between us! I don't know what to do, and we both are thinking of a divorce but it hurts, I really do love Drew." I said in one breath and started to cry.

My mom wrapped her arms around me and she let me cry.

"No one knows anything, I'm sure you too just need to be apart for a bit. You can stay here as long as you want okay." 

I nodded my head, it felt good to be home with my family. I missed them so much. 

After my crying episode I went into the living room and watched some movies with my mom and we laughed at the funny parts and aww'd at the cute parts. When dad got home we ate out at one of the restaurants in town. When we got home we talked and laughed about old memories. 

When night came I said good night to my parents and they went to bed. I walked into my old room with Diamond tagging along. I looked at my mirror with photos attached to it and the make-up and hair accessories on the desk the mirror sat upon. It felt like another life time looking at all this.

I changed into my pjs and sat on my bed and I felt like a teenager again. I laughed to myself at the these feeling. Oh how I wished I could be a teenager again and not have to be an adult. I laid in bed and Diamond slept near my feet and I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

Two weeks have passed since I've been back in my home town and all I've done is been lazying around the house. I did use my mom's laptop to check my emails and whatnot. I ended up turning my phone off since I got calls that I didn't want to answer.

As I watched Tom and Jerry I heard a knock and Diamond sat up and woofed a bit. I got up and opened the door and saw Mackenzy.

"Mackenzy?!" I asked shocked.

"No I'm the Easter bunny! It took me a while to figure you ran here! What were you thinking?" Mackenzy asked and pushed herself inside.

"I-"

"That's right you were thinking!" She cut me off and glared.

"Mackenzy..." I looked down at my feet.

"Everyone had been worried! Drew freaked out, but once he knew where you were at he said that this was for the best for right now. But that didn't fly with me! So I came," Mackenzy said.

"Thanks for coming...but I'm not going back just yet," I looked away from her.

"I understand, so I'm staying here also and we are going to hang out...like the good old days. How does that sound?" 

"It sounds great," I smiled at my best friend.

"So what have you been up to?" Mackenzy asked as we moved into the living room.

"Not much really, just been catching up with my mom and dad. Watching movies, eating...a.k.a being lazy." I laughed.

"Wow, this is going to be fun I haven't been able to be lazy, alright let me change into my pjs and lets be lazy together!" Mackenzy smiled and went to my old room to change.

I smiled softly, I was happy to have Mackenzy here, she understood me like my mom. I waited for her and petted Diamond. Mackenzy came back and we watched some movies together. When my mom  got home she was surprised to see Mackenzy but welcomed her. Together we watched even more movies and talked. 

When dad got home we ate together and it was funny with the table conversation.

"It feels like I haven't aged at all," my dad said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Cause this is how it used to be," my dad smiled.

I smiled also and laughed and so did Mackenzy. 

Later in the night Mackenzy and I stayed up and talked while listening to music and Diamond was asleep on my bed already.

"Mackenzy why did you come?" I asked.

"Because you need your best friend to help you," Mackenzy smiled.

"Thanks, I really don't know how long I'm going to be here though," I laid down.

"You can be here as long as you want Americus, no one is forcing you back. But I won't be able to stay here that long I only took 1 week off of work." 

"Thanks, I owe you one." I said.

Mackenzy smiled and jumped into bed with me. After I turned the lights off we talked a bit more and then dozed off to sleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Authoress End Notes: Aww Mackenzy came to keep Americus company...if only my own best friend would do that...but I can't blame her she is a busy bee hehe~