Just Give Me A Reason Ch. 10

Authoress Notes: Well this one isn't so bad doesn't mean I am going to get out of my box XDD

ENJOY!!

~*~*~*~*~

It's been a few days since Drew and I had our fight. I ignored him while he tried to talk to me. I just haven't fully forgiven him and and I just don't. I really hate Bethany. I decided to visit Drew well more like be there to keep an eye on Bethany.

I walked in and headed up and in the waiting room was Mr. Newbell! Uhh I mean Ethan Newbell, Drew's dad. He spotted me and waved me over. I walked over and sat next to him.

"Hello Americus, how have you been?" He smiled.

"Oh you know, doing fine." I smiled.

"That's good, so when are you and Drew going to give Courtney and I grand kids?" 

My face redden and I looked down and Ethan laughed and patted my head.

"So what are you doing here Ethan?" I asked.

"Drew needed my help for something. But right now he is in a meeting with Bethany... You shouldn't make that face darling." Ethan smiled softly.

"Why not? Drew didn't tell me he was partners with Bethany, I hate her." I crossed my arms.

"I know you do and you have every right to be. The company needs the help and Drew isn't happy with this either." Ethan sighed and ran a hand through his greying hair.

"We had a fight about this a few days ago. I'm just mad and everything," I sighed.

"It isn't easy when a company is on the line of bankrupt but I have a feeling this will pass soon. It must be putting a strain on your relationship." I looked at Ethan and he gave a small smile.

"Dose it get better?" I ask.

"Some days can be better than others, but once things are normal with the company I'm sure your relationship won't be so strained." Ethan said.

I nodded my head, I liked talking to Ethan when I had the chance. He always has helpful advice to give to me about marriage. Especially when I had to no clue what to do and Drew wasn't helping very much.

Drew then exited his office with Bethany and looked over and was surprised to see me. Ethan got up and held his hand out for me. I took it and he helped me up. We walked over to Drew and Bethany.

"Ah, Mr. Newbell it's so nice to see you again!" Bethany smiled big at Ethan.

"Hello Bethany, excuse us please I must talk with Drew. Americus care to join us?" He asked.

"Oh sure, if I'm not intruding."

"Not at all darling," Ethan whisked Drew and I inside the office and shut the door on Bethany.

I sat down and Drew and Ethan were talking over something. I was on my phone and playing games until they were done talking. After a while I looked up and they looked like they were done talking.

"See you around Americus," Ethan patted my head and walked out.

"Was there something you needed?" Drew asked.

"I walked to say I'm not mad at you anymore, but I haven't fully forgiven you yet."

"I understand, I really am sorry Americus." Drew looked at me with his amazing green eyes.

I got up and walked around the desk and leaned down and kissed him. I pulled back and smiled at him.

"Just do you best okay," I said bye and left. 

Ethan was right the company is putting a strain on Drew and I. I needed to try and be understandable towards this but it's hard when Drew is working with Bethany. I wouldn't care if it was a super hot model type girl. As long as it wasn't Bethany.

I headed to the bar and was happy Lisa was working.

"Lisa do you have a boyfriend?" I ask.

"Yeah, been dating for 2 years now." She smiled. Lisa was really pretty, raven black hair. Nice tan skin and warm chocolate brown eyes.

"What would you do if he was working with an ex that almost ruined the relationship?" I asked.

"Get in her face, tell her off with a threat and hope she leaves. But that is just me, but I trust my boyfriend." Lisa said while cleaning a glass.

"I trust Drew but not his ex, everything lately has been straining our relationship." I took a sip of my drink.

"If it's money problems then it always puts a strain on the relationship. When I lived with my ex we had money problems. We were great together it's just the money problems that ended up making us break up. If you can get through it, it does get better." Lisa smiled.

"Thanks Lisa, you are awesome at this bartending." I laughed and so did she.

I stayed for a bit longer and headed home. I only had one drink so I was okay to drive. I got home and then I got a text from Drew saying he had to go to dinner with some people. I frowned and took a bottle of wine out and poured myself a glass. I sat down on the couch and watched TV to pass time. 

Around 10 Drew came home and sat down next to me. I looked over to him and he looked tired. I looked back to the TV.

"Long day?" I asked.

"Yes, how was your day?" 

"Fine, I hung out at a bar," I took a sip.

"And you are drinking again?"

"I only had one drink at the bar. I was mostly talking to Lisa who is the bartender. Mackenzy is working so I don't have anyone to girl chat with." I said.

"Hmm," Drew closed his eyes.

"Hey, don't fall asleep out here. Go to bed," I pushed at him.

He sighed and got up heading to bed. I then felt arms around my shoulders.

"Come to bed Americus," Drew said.

"I will later, I'm not tired like you." 

"Okay," Drew then left to the room.

I probably should've gone with him but I told him I haven't fully forgiven him yet. 

~*~*~*~*~

Authoress End Notes: Well things seem to be calm now-ish, next chapter will be out soon!