Just Give Me A Reason Ch. 12

Authoress Notes: Sorry for not updating in a while I have been reading some books that I couldn't put down! I will update tomorrow if it helps! 

ENJOY!!

~*~*~*~*~

It had been 3 days since Drew and I really talked to each other. I was fed up so I called Mackenzy and she rushed over to see me. We decided to get some lunch at our favorite sandwich shop. We ordered and sat down and took a few bites.

"Okay spill!" Mackenzy looked at me with wide brown eyes.

"Drew and I have been fighting for a long time now, I don't know where to pin-point where it began it just happened. Now it's out of control." I sighed.

"Well what have you been fighting about?"

"Drew hated that I didn't tell him about Ryan. But he didn't tell me he is working with Bethany!"

"So it's about ex's, I told you Ryan was bad news. Why did you even hang out with him in the first place?" Mackenzy asked.

"You were busy with work and so was Drew. I had no one else," I looked at my sandwich.

"Oh hon, you can always call me. But you aren't seeing Ryan anymore right?" 

"No."

"Good, now tell me about that bitch...I mean about Bethany." Mackenzy took a bite of her food.

"Well as you know the company isn't doing too well so he partnered up with Bethany. I'm not happy about it one bit. She insulted me in my own home and Drew told me to calm down. We got into a huge fight 3 days ago and haven't been talking to each other." I looked out the window.

"You over reacted Americus, like usual. It's just business with Bethany, he wouldn't cheat on you." Mackenzy said.

I shot her a glare, "You think I over reacted! Are you taking Drew's side? You think I'm immature too?" I accused her.

"Hey don't get mad at me. I'm only trying to help you out. You both just need to apologize."

"Yeah right like he would apologize, and I'm not going to either!" I stood up and threw my food away.

"Americus where are you going? Come back!" Mackenzy called after me but I didn't listen.

I wasn't paying attention to where I was going and ran into someone.

"Woah...oh hey Americus," I looked up and saw Ryan.

"Ryan...sorry," I looked away.

"Hey wanna do something, you look like you need some distracting." Ryan said.

I looked up at him, he was only trying to be my friend. We may have a past together but things are different after so long.

"Sure," I tried to smile.

Ryan and I then went to the park and was walking around. He was talking about something but I wans't paying attention. So much for distraction.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Ryan asked when we sat on a bench.

"My marriage is falling apart!" I blurted out.

"Oh...uh I'm sorry..." Ryan sounded uncomfortable.

"No I'm sorry Ryan, I just need to talk to someone who won't take sides." I ran a hand through my blonde hair.

"Then tell me," Ryan said.

"Well Drew doesn't like when I hang out with you, I don't like him working with his ex that almost ruined my wedding. We got into a big fight about it and we haven't talked since. We are both to damn stubborn to apologize to the other. Every little thing we do ends up in a fight or giving the cold shoulder. I want the first year of our marriage back." I spilled everything out to Ryan.

"Maybe you guys need a break, like maybe you should take a vacation. Go see your family." Ryan suggested.

"I can't, I don't want that stupid tramp all over Drew," I glared at nothing.

"Well that was all I had," Ryan sighed.

"Also I just can't leave him. I still love him, I have been trying to support Drew and I have until Bethany came into the picture. I know I'm over reacting but I can't help it." 

"Americus you are just running in circles," Ryan looked at me.

"I know...let's go see a movie" I forced a smile.

"Are you sure?" Ryan asked.

"Yes, I just want to forget about my problems even if it's for 2 or so hours." I got up and looked at movies and times.

"If we catch a cab we can make it in time to see Ride Along, I heard it's a really funny movie." I said.

"Sure, lets get going." Ryan got a cab and we were off to the movies.

                                                                                ~*~

After the movies I was laughing as we were talking out. 

"That was just too funny!" I finally catch my breath.

"Yeah, it was a good movie," Ryan said as we walked out of the theater.

We then grabbed a bite after the movie. We were quoting it like crazy, well I was. I then asked Ryan how his work was going and he started to talk about his work. It was more interesting then Drew's work. I listened while eating and laughing at the funny parts and aww-ing at the cute parts.

After we were done eating we walked outside.

"Thanks, this is what I needed a nice day without someone telling me I'm over reacting" I smiled up at Ryan.

"No problem, see you around Americus," Ryan waved and started to walk away.

I sighed and started to head home also. I was walking and the day's light was fading. Today probably has been the best in a while now. I was going to swallow my pride and apologize to Drew. And really talk to him about all this, he shouldn't be the only one to carry everything on his shoulders. 

I smiled, maybe this was the first step in fixing everything. I was pretty excited if I do say so myself.

"Americus!" I heard Ryan and turned around and saw him running towards me.

I stopped walking and let him catch up to me. "Did you need something?" I ask.

"Yeah, this." Ryan said.

Then he bent down and kissed me. My eyes widen, what the hell?

~*~*~*~*~*~

Authoress End Notes: -sits inside a metal box- So there it is everyone...if it helps I did say I would update tomorrow hahahaa....... >.> please don't kill me