Yellow - 57

The next day, Alice went to school in a bit of a daze, thoughts of Jason clouding her mind. She paid little to no attention to Veronica during lunch, who was talking about Archie, who had apparently stayed up late with Valerie last night working on music. If Alice was feeling more blunt, she'd have told Veronica that the conversation was boring her, but she didn't, and so Veronica continued on, mumbling something about how Archie had hurt himself during football practice.

Luckily, it wasn't long until Alice's next class, and she finally had the opportunity to talk to Jughead about the argument she had gotten into with her father. Needless to say, he wasn't exactly surprised when she described the elitist attitude that her father carried, but the same could not be said for Alice when Jughead told her that Hal Cooper had told Betty that Polly was sent away because she attempted suicide. 

"I...I don't believe that," Alice had said, "I knew Polly really well, and she didn't seem suicidal to me."

"You think Hal's lying?" Jughead asked, his voice low. 

Alice sighed then, saying, "I don't know, but there's definitely more to the story here."

It wasn't long before the bells ringed, and Alice was finally allowed to go home. She had heard that Veronica was going over Cheryl's house that night, and maybe she would learn something while she was there. Alice knew that the Blossom house was full of secrets and lies that were just waiting to be unraveled. But as Alice drove home, thinking of Cheryl and Veronica, she had no idea that across town, Hermione Lodge had just discovered a box of snakes in the middle of Pop's Diner, courtesy of none other than the Southside Serpents.

Thinking of Jason, and his memorial which was set to take place the next day, Alice laid in her bed, waiting for sleep to free her from the exhaust and fatigue that plagued her. As the warm darkness drifted over her, like cool wind on a hot day, she had no idea how eventful tomorrow would prove to be...

- new chapter ayy!-

-thank you guys soo much for following the development of this book. when i finish it, i think i'll do a giveaway of some riverdale merch... would you guys be interested in that?-

-okay that's basically all i had to say... time to go write the next chapter, bye!-