Gray - 32

He was supposed to come back

The words echoed throughout Alice's mind as Betty began to talk to Veronica. She wasn't paying the two girls much attention, as she was still processing what she had heard.

"Alice!" Veronica said, waving her hand in front of Alice's face.

"What?" Alice asked, not having heard anything the girls' had said.

Veronica shook her head in joking disapproval before saying, "Betty just asked if you wanted to go to Pop's with us."

"Oh, sure." Alice replied, deciding to go with the two girls. 

It wasn't long before the trio of RiverVixens arrived at the diner. Betty had gotten a vanilla milkshake, simple and sweet, whereas Veronica had gotten a chocolate milkshake, daring and delicious. Alice had ordered a cookies-and-cream milkshake, the perfect in-between.

"Hey?" Veronica asked, calling the attention of the two girls.

"Yeah?" Alice responded, while Betty replied, "Hm?"

"Can we make a vow?" Veronica asked.

"Sure." Betty told her.

"That no matter what, no boy will ever come between us again." Veronica proposed, "Deal?"

"Deal." The two girls said in an almost perfect unison, before tapping their glasses together, sealing the vow together.

It was at that moment that Archie and Jughead entered the diner. Betty pursed her lips, most likely wondering whether or not to invite the boys over.

"Do you guys want to join us?" Betty asked.

"Yes, but only if you're treating,"Jughead said jokingly, causing the three girls to laugh lightly as he sat down at the table. 

"Veronica Lodge," Veronica introduced, and it was then that Alice remembered that Veronica was new to Riverdale. Amidst all the drama that had gone on recently, she had nearly forgotten.

"Jughead Jones, the third," Jughead replied.

Archie struck up a conversation, and the group of teens began talking.

To anyone on the outside looking in, it would've looked like there were five people at that table. But I was there, and I can tell you. Really, there were only three. A blonde girl, a raven-haired girl, and the luckiest red-headed boy in the universe. For one shining moment, we were just kids. 

-short chapter, i know, but i wanted to get this out asap!-

-WE ARE CURRENTLY #22 IN FANFICTION LIKE WHAT THE HECK JUST WHAT WHAT WHAT-

-also? we hit 66k reads? cool thanks!-

-but WOAH #22 IN FANFICTION WOW-

-okay i really have to go now, ps i might not be able to update tmr because my mom is threatening to take away my computer WHOOPS-

-qotd: what's your fav. food?-

-aotd: um probably a burger lol-