Red - 52

It was later that evening, and Alice was laying in her bed. She stared uninterestedly at her ceiling while unfinished thoughts buzzed in her head, each fragment of an idea loosely connecting to another. Her lazed musing was abruptly interrupted as the silence that surrounded her shattered, leaving only the ringing of her phone in its wake.

Alice reached over and grabbed her phone from her bedside table, taking only a second to glance at the contact name. It was Kevin, and despite the two of them not being as close as say, she and Betty were, Alice still enjoyed his company a lot. 

"OHMYGOD! Alice! YouwillnotbelievewhatjusthappenedandIliterallycannotbreathethisisso-"

"Kevin! Slow down, I didn't hear a single thing you said," Alice interrupted, cutting off Kevin's panicked response. "What's wrong?" 

"Someone broke in, and they destroyed my dad's evidence board." 

"Holy shit," Alice swore, shocked at the news of the break in. "When did this happen? Tonight?"

A few seconds of silence passed between them, before Kevin spoke up again.

"I'm so dumb, I just nodded. Then I remembered you couldn't see me."

She laughed lightly, amused at his silliness. 

"Anyways, I just thought you should know," Kevin said, "I'll see you tomorrow."

Alice said her goodbyes, and then hung up. It wasn't long after that before she fell asleep, awaiting whatever tomorrow would bring. 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

The next day, Alice awoke to several text messages. The first was from Betty, who was still upset about how her mother had confronted Archie and had Miss Grundy sent away. The second was from Jughead, who was asking her to meet him, Kevin, and Betty in the Blue and Gold room. The last one was from Veronica, who was feeling hurt, complaining about how her mother was keeping things from her.

And so, Alice went to Riverdale High, and entered the office of its newspaper, the Blue and Gold, ready to help with the investigation.    

"This is how my dad had his Jason Blossom murder board, before it was trashed," Kevin said as Alice walked in.

"And who might've done that?" Alice asked, making the trio turn around in surprise. "And what would they have been looking for?"

"Hey, Alice," greeted Betty, who smiled at the young photographer, blissfully unaware of what had occurred between her and Jughead just a day ago.

As Alice sat down, Kevin faced the board again, and then replied. "I've got no idea. No fingerprints, but they stole a bunch of files, background checks, and all the video and audio tapes from the police investigations-"

It was then that Kevin was interrupted by the door opening. In the doorway was Trev Brown, a student Alice had met before. His sister, Valerie, was friends with Josie, who Alice was friends with, and so she knew of Trev, despite not having any conversations of importance with him.

"Hey, Trev," Betty beamed, as Trev stepped into the room.

"Sorry to interrupt," he said, apologetic, but Betty was quick to respond.

"Oh, no, it's okay! We're just, uh, working on...." 

"Our murder board," Jughead deadpanned, his expression unchanged. Betty pursed her lips, but nodded nonetheless. Trev looked a little shocked, and Alice had to stifle a laugh.

"W-well I just wanted t-to make sure we're still on for tomorrow," he stammered, almost nervously.

"Absolutely. It's a date," Betty said. "I, uh, I'll see you there."

 The pair chuckled, before Trev left the room. Alice was curious, intrigued even, about the exchange she had just seen.  

"Going on a date? With Trev?" asked Kevin, who seemed less than impressed. "Does Mama Cooper know about that?"

"Kev, c'mon, I'm not on house arrest," Betty replied, but under Kevin's narrowing gaze, she came clean. "Alright.... she's out of town for the week..."

"Anyway," she continued, "It's not a date date..."

"You just called it a date," Jughead replied, "You literally said 'it's a date.'"

"That's just my cover," Betty told them, "It's not... really...it's an intelligence gathering mission," 

"We should focus on the one thing we have access to that your dad doesn't," Betty said to Kevin, "The kids, at Riverdale High. Maybe Trev knows something about Jason that he didn't think was important."

"Maybe," Alice admitted, "I mean, Dilton Doiley knew Miss Grundy was at the river. Archie knew about the gunshot. Cheryl was the last person to see him. Maybe we do need to take a closer look at some of the students here..."

Perhaps Alice was onto something. The students of Riverdale High may not be as innocent as they seem...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

-hiya guys!!-

-okay so i'm thinking of ending this part soon, 'red' may be coming to an end within the next week or so. idk what color to do next tho, so suggest some please!-

-also i want to start a new fanfic in june. possibly a percy jackson crossover with some other fandom... maybe HP? idk, let me know what you guys would be interested in reading.-

-guys this is kinda very important, Alice has been nominated in like 6 different categories in the riverdalesociety riverdale awards! so if you could pleaseeee go vote for me i would really appreciate it! ty!-

-qotd: what's your favorite animal?-

-aotd: pandas are really cute!! also i love cats!-

-okay ily guys byeeee-