Purple - 14

a/n - hey! before this chap starts, tell me how i can improve this book! any suggestions would be great, any things you'd like to see be added or changed about how i write or what i write, anything! -

                             PART THREE 'PURPLE' - CHAPTER FOURTEEN

"Thank you for that moment of silence. Many of you were lucky enough to know Jason personally.  Each and every one of you meant the world to Jason. I loved my brother, he is and always will be my soulmate," Cheryl said, standing in front all the Riverdale High students and Alice at her side.

"Cheryl and I know Jason wouldn't want us to spend the year mourning," Alice said, ignoring the dark-haired novelist who was looking at her as she spoke

"Which is why I've asked the school not to cancel the back to school semi-formal!" Cheryl finished, as many students began to cheer. 

"But instead to let us use it as a way to heal," the redheaded queen bee continued, "and celebrate my brother's life."

As Cheryl spoke, Alice looked at the crowd. Some were whispering with their friends, others were checking their phones, but there was one boy in particular who was doing neither.

And that boy was looking at the music teacher, and she was looking back.

As the crowd clapped at the end of the speech, that boy was recalling the summer night he had spent in the music teacher's car. 

But the blue-eyed girl standing at the podium was recalling the picture she had taken during the early morning of the fourth of July, the picture that laid in the safe under her desk.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- TIME: AFTER THE ASSEMBLY -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"So, that's Jason's sister?" Veronica asked as she walked side by side with Alice and Betty. The experience was nostalgic for Alice, as she hadn't walked anywhere with Betty since 9th grade.

"Yeah. She's... not as nice as he was." Alice told her. Out of the corner of her eye, she watched as Betty dug her nails into her palm.

"Something you want to say, Betty?" Alice pried, daring the girl to say something about Jason.

"No," Betty said, "not really." 

"Oh, good." Alice said, ending the conversation as the walked into class.

- THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 2.8k+ READS, YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!! also I've started a Riverdale Imagines book! It's on my profile, check it out! Don't forget to follow me for more Riverdale content, and to vote/comment-

-THAT REMINDS ME! THANKS FOR 125+ VOTES!-

-ily-