Chapter 34

Sorry this chapter will end sort of annoyingly but I will upload the next chapter really soon :) enjoy!

_____________________________________________________________________________AMY’S POV

The restaurant Jess chose was really nice, we both ordered a lamb souvlaki and it was so good. The movie was really good, and I can’t complain that I got to spend time with the Brooks Brothers. I am going to spend a few days with Jess since it’s the holidays because I didn’t get to see her that much over the last month.

When we finished lunch we split the bill before heading back to Beau’s car. The boys were going to do some filming so Jess and I decided that we’d just chill at her place. Luke and I followed Beau out to his car while Jess and Jai slowly made their way behind us. Luke handed me his phone, I had a look at it. It had Amy written in it, I passed Luke my phone before typing in my number. When he passed my back my phone I noticed he’d even taken a picture of himself, I giggled he was cute. Luke, Jess and I sat in the back seat and Jai sat upfront with Beau. Jai handed back Jess’s wallet and phone on the way back home. After a short car trip we arrived at Jess’s house, ‘See you later Amy,’ Luke said with a smile, I waved to him and help Jess out.

At Jess’s place we sat down on the couch, ‘so,’ Jess said giving me a cheeky smile. ‘What’s the story with you and Luke?’ She continued. ‘Well,’ I said, ‘nothing much,’ I continued with a smile.

‘Amy I’ve known you for four years, don’t think you can get away with that.’ Jess said, I sighed.

‘He asked for my number, and I gave it to him and got his in return.’ Jess squealed with excitement and flashed me a big smile. ‘So have you texted him?’ Jess asked still smiling at me.

‘No!’ I said, Jess frowned with confusion.

‘So you don’t like him?’ Jess asked curiously.

‘I do. My god Jess! Luke is amazing. He is so hot, but I don’t want to seem needy or clingy.’ I replied.

‘Oooh playing it cool,’ Jess said with a smirk. I hit her with a laugh; she acted out the most ridiculous wince ever. ‘So what do we want to do for the rest of the day?’ Jess asked getting up and walking into the kitchen, I got up and followed her. ‘Watch some movies?’ I suggested, Jess nodded enthusiastically at the thought. Jess started making some popcorn and I rummaged through the movies. I picked out three; I sat in front of the TV setting everything up. ‘What did you choose?’ Jess asked sitting on the couch with a bowl of popcorn.

‘I chose Valentine’s Day, The 5 Year Engagement and Sti…..’ I hesitated. Jess frowned

‘I know what you were going to say, and its fine with it. I love that movie.’ Jess said with a grin. So I put Stick It into the DVD player and sat next to Jess on the couch. I only hesitated because I hadn’t really talked to Jess about gymnastics after the accident, I didn’t know what to say to her because I didn’t know what she wanted to here. We watched the movie; Jess said every line out loud. I couldn’t help but laugh; she had seen this movie way too many times.

When the movie finished I got up and stretched a little, then went to change the movie. I put in the Five Year Engagement, ‘so is this any good Jess?’ I asked still sitting on the floor in front of the DVD player. She nodded.

‘Yeah, I love myself a good rom com.’ She replied as a stood up and sat down next to her again. ‘In west Philadelphia born and raised’ a phone buzzed. ‘It’s mine!’ I yelled running to the kitchen. It was a text message from Luke; I smiled spread across my face. I grabbed my phone and walked back into the living room, but I didn’t check it off.

JESS’S POV

Amy returned to the living room with a massive smile on her face. I squealed, ‘what did he say?’ I asked with excitement. ‘Were about to find out,’ Amy said sitting next to me and unlocking her phone. We both sat in silence reading the text, ‘Hey Beautiful had an awesome day today. Hope we can catch up again soon.’ Amy squealed and so did I, we both smiled and laughed at each other. ‘Text him back text him back!’ I yelled with excitement. Amy nodded and started to reply, ‘I’m staying with Jess for a few days, we should definitely do something.’ She smiled with delight, I was so happy for her, she needed a nice caring guy and Luke could be that for her. Amy’s ex boyfriend Angus was abusive, Amy was so scared to leave him but she did, 2 months ago. Luckily we haven’t run into him since then, he was tough and rough. Amy had to hide at my house a few times to get away from him, but that was all in the past. Dad texted me, he was heading up to the Ballarat Swap Meet with a few mates and they were going tonight, I told him that was cool. Amy and I ordered pizza; we ate it while watching the 5 Year Engagement. Afterwards I was so tired, be had walked a fair bit today. Amy said it was cool, because she was pretty tired too. We got changed and got ready for bed, Amy grabbed out the spare mattress and chucked on the floor of my room. I sat on my bed and took off my back brace; the doctor said it would be good for my back to sleep with it off, so that’s what I did every night. I handed it to Amy and she put it on the floor for me, I lied down and got comfy. Amy and I chatted for a bit then headed off to sleep.

I was woken by the sound of glass smashing, ‘Amy!’ a voice yelled; it was coming from the kitchen.

‘Jess,’ Amy whispered, ‘he’s here.’ She started to sob.

‘Amy run, grab your phone and run,’ I said to her, she stood up and looked at me.

‘Jess are you coming?’ She asked worried.

‘I can’t, I can’t even walk at a normal pace,’ I said, still lying in my bed, I could barely move without my brace on. She nodded and jumped out my window, I heard her footsteps trail off into the distance. ‘I know you’re here!’ The yell was much closer to my door. Amy had locked my bedroom door shut before she left. With a crash my bedroom door fell down and there in the doorway stood a tall muscular figure, it was dark but I could see his dirty blonde hair. I took a deep breath and he made his closer to me. ‘Hello Jess,’ he said with a smirk.

‘What do you want Angus?’ I asked, ‘she’s not here.’

‘You see Jess the thing is I think you’re lying,’ Angus said to me, he was angry, and from the smell I could tell he had been drinking. ‘So Jess where are you hiding her?’ He asked, frustrated. Angus sat next to me, I couldn’t move I was not only physically not able to move, I was frozen with fear.