Chapter 18

so glad to see everyone's enjoying reading this! I will continue to update it as often as i can, please comment!!!

_____________________________________________________________________________

JESS’S POV

 Dad picked me up from school on Thursday and we headed to mum’s house to pick up the rest of my stuff. We listened and sang to the radio the entire time, along with laughing. I was genuinely having an awesome time; I was so excited to finally be moving in with dad. We got to the house, it was really nice. We lived close to the shops, a gym and Penola. I ran straight into the house, I was trying to find the biggest room. I found it and sat on the floor, dad walked in, ‘It’s mine!’ I screamed. Dad looked at me, rolled his eyes and said.

‘That’s cool; your kit will have to stay in here too.’

‘You grabbed it out of storage?’ I asked standing up.

‘Yep, the trucks will be here any minute!’ I gave dad a massive hug.

‘Thanks for everything Daddy, I love you.’ We unpacked everything in the trailer, we had just finished when the truck arrived. The movers spent an hour or two moving everything into the house, Jai gave me a call. ‘Hi!’ I was excited to hear his voice, we were so close. ‘Hey Jess, how’s everything going?’

‘Awesome, the movers are almost done.’

‘And my dad took my drum kit out of storage! I’m so happy; everything is just working out perfectly.’ I couldn’t be happier at the moment. ‘I had no idea you played,’ Jai exclaimed. ‘You will have to show me what you can do sometime. Well I’ll let you get back to it, see you tomorrow morning.’

‘Yeah, what time do you want me to get there?’

‘Does 8 o’clock sound alright?’

‘Sounds perfect. See you tomorrow Jai!’I texted Jai my address, I thought he’d want to know it. The movers had put my drum kit on the floor. I went into my room; I started to put it together, making sure it all sat properly. Then I had a bash, I hadn’t gotten to play in ages, it was awesome.

Dad and I ordered pizza, there was a knock at the door, ‘I’ll get it!’ I yelled grabbing the cash off the coffee table and running towards the door. I opened the door to see Jai standing there, ‘Hi Jess,’ He said smiling, with a tub of ice cream in his hand. ‘Yeah come in,’ I said leading him into the house. ‘What are you doing here?’ I asked smiling.

‘I bought ice cream and I really wanted to say.’ He said smiling.

‘Fair enough,’ I said leading him into the kitchen. ‘Pop the ice cream in the freezer,’ I said pointing at it. The house was a mess; there was still packing boxes everywhere, some empty and some still pretty much full. ‘Dad!’ I shouted, ‘There’s someone here I’d like to introduce to you.’ Dad walked into the kitchen. ‘Dad this is Jai, my boyfriend. And Jai this is my dad Joel.’

‘Nice to meet you,’ Jai said as they shook hands, there was a knock at the door, ‘that’ll be the pizza.’ I announced, ‘play nice,’ I whispered into dad’s ear as I walked off. I paid for the pizza and started walking back towards the kitchen, Jai and dad were talking, and I thought I’d listen to the conversation a little before interrupting them. ‘Thanks for looking after her,’ I heard dad say, ‘Jess means the world to me and I’m so glad that someone else is looking out for her.’ I smiled, dad liked Jai, which was great because he was going to be seeing a lot of him.

‘Who’s hungry?’ I asked walking into the kitchen.

‘Would you like some pizza Jai? Dad asked grabbing a few cans out of the fridge.