Chapter 19: Family Problems

Casidy's P.O.V

My stomach turned in knots as I lay in bed. It seemed as if I always did my stressful thinking while laying in bed with Justin beside me. The thought of Justin made me smile. Tonight as we were getting ready for bed he had told me he had a surprise for me. I had asked him what the surprise was but of course he didn't tell me. I shifted my laying position to stare at his peacefully sleeping face. He was so adorable. He made me so happy and I was just so happy I had someone like him in my life. Thinking about my life made my mind wander back to what was causing the knots in my stomach. The fact that my half sister's mother is my enemy.

When we found out almost all of us in the room freaked out. Katie had asked why but I didn't tell her. I didn't want to shatter her illusion of having a mom. I knew what it was like to have a crappy mom and if I could just have one more day of how my mom used to be, before she tried to kill me, I would be content. I decided I was going to tell her tomorrow when we went to see her;Isabel Lightwood. Thinking about her made me shiver. I used to think my mom was evil. Yeah well Isabel is ten times worse. I still can't believe she tricked me into thinking that she was my mom. Witch spells don't lie though and neither does Emily. That's how I know for sure that Katie's mom is Isabel.

I felt bad for her. I mean at least I had Carol and she was trying to make a effort. I mean her not killing anyone is a huge effort. At least for her. Hopefully when I grew older she would be a better grandmother than she was a mother.

Ok enough with the sad thoughts Cassidy, I thought to myself. I needed all the sleep I could get. Tomorrow was gonna be a long day.

I tried to close my eyes but my mind kept buzzing with nervous thoughts of tomorrow. A whole bunch of what-ifs. Selfishness took over me and I shook Justin on his shoulder.

"Justin." I whispered softly. He groaned and continued to keep his eyes closed. I rolled my eyes and spoke in a normal tone.

"Justin." I said in a sing song voice. He mumbled something incoherent and turned over. Now I was starting to get annoyed.

"Justin!" I exclaimed and shoved him hard.

He gasped and his body jumped. He was so confused and alarmed that he fell off the bed in one quick motion. It left me in a fit of giggles as he sat up on the floor rubbing his head.

"Ow." he said and I peaked over the edge of the bed fighting my giggles.

Emily and Katie came rushing into the room slamming the door against the wall.

"Are you guys okay?!" they exclaimed at the same time. I smiled at them and Justin glared at me from the floor.

"Yeah everything's cool I just scared Justin is all." I said. The thought made me wanna laugh all over again.

"Notice you're the only one laughing ." he said with a scowl.

A chuckle escaped my mouth. Emily and Katie walked out the room grumpily. They didn't even close the door. I groaned and slipped out of bed. I grabbed the door by the handle and closed it partially.

"Is it that hard to close a door?!" I shouted before slamming the door. I sucked my teeth and made my way back to the bed. Justin had finally picked himself up from the ground and was sitting on the bed still rubbing his head.

"I hate that." I mumbled still annoyed by Emily and Katie not closing the door.

I looked at Justin and smiled. He just gave me another glare.

"I'm sorry baby. Are you okay?" I asked as I stroked his cheek.

"Yeah I'm fine my head just hurts a little." he said.