Chapter 17: Operation Rescue

Cassidy's P.O.V

"And then I just . . . woke up like this." I finished gesturing towards my feet. 

My mom and brother Whyatt were sitting on the couch listening intently as I explained my 'dream' from last night. When I'd woken up with the blisters and mud on my feet, I knew that something supernatural was going on and I knew it'd be wise if I told them sooner than later. Hazel was there floating behind the couch with her arms crossed over her chest. Her expression was one of seriousness. I was standing before them explaining myself.

"Hey Mom isn't that a-" Whyatt started.

"A premonition? Yes. Yes it was." my mother finished. Her eyes had a little twinkle of amazement in them. "That is a rare gift indeed. Is this the first time you've had a . . . um dream like this?"

"Yeah . . . I guess . . ." I trailed off. 

"Interesting . . ." my mother stated absentmindedly.

"What does this mean?" I asked curiously. It annoyed me sometimes how my mom tended to throw magical terms around and not explain them. Basically just assuming I know what she means when I don't.

"Oh, yes! Sorry Cassidy." my mother said as she flushed. "A premonition is kind of when you know something that's going to happen before it happens. It's not a common power for witches and is rare which is why I'm so fascinated. You have so many rare powers Cassidy it's just . . . wow!"

"So kinda like seeing the future?" I questioned.

"Um no . . . not really. A premonition isn't really seeing into the future. Usually, for witches, it's kinda like your brain trying to tell you something. Maybe your brain is trying to tell you it remembers where you were and since your so frantic to find uh him it may have well caused that premonition." she said.

I rolled my eyes at the way she referred to Justin. What was her problem anyway?

"Alright so obviously plans have changed so what are we gonna do?" I asked in annoyance.

"Uh um well we can't do anything right now. I mean you haven't been fully trained and-"

"Are you fucking kidding me?! Your daughter and my boyfriend are in possible danger and we know where they are but your not jumping on the opportunity to save them!" I exclaimed in outrage.

"Language young lady!" my mother's voice rose.

"I don't give a fuck about my language! This is straight up bullshit! What really bothers me is how you of all people don't want to go marching down to my mo- Carol's lair and save your daughter! I know you don't like Justin, I can tell. I don't know why you do but I know it's true! I just ugh!" I yelled in fury. 

I looked into my mother's eyes. They were red with rage and her breathing was hitched.

"How dare you speak to me this way?!" she shouted. "Yes I do want to go marching down there this instant and go save your sister but I know it's not the wise thing to do. We have to be ready and-"

"LA LA LA LA LA!!! Can't hear you!" I yelled as I interrupted her and covered my ears with my hands. 

I sped angrily to the front door where my shoes are. I slipped them on my body shaking from the fury within me. It took all I had not to Change on the spot. I'd been getting better at calming myself down. I closed my eyes, took two deep breathes, and opened my eyes. Hazel was standing (more like floating) next to me with a concerned expression on her face. She opened her mouth to say something but I stopped her before she could say something.