Chapter 3: Connections

*Cassidy's P.O.V*

He made me uncomfortable I don't know why he just did. It didn't help that he seemed to be fairly attractive. I grabbed a spare pillow from my bed and returned to the living room.

"Here you can use this." I said as I tossed him the pillow.

"Thanks." He said smiling.

"Why are you smiling?" I asked.

"Oh nothing." He said trying to hold in a grin. I glared at him.

"Fine whatever. Night." I said stalking to my room. I screamed into my pillow in frustration.

---later that night--- I woke up screaming. Beads of sweat trickled down the side of my forehead. My heart rate practically sky rocketed. I sat up trying to catch my breath. I could hear the blood pounding in my ears. I heard a knock at the door.

      "You alright?" It was Justin.

"Yeah......I'm........ok..." I replied between breaths.

"Can I come in?" He asked.

"Sure." I replied. He opened the door a crack and then opened it all the way. He studied me then looked away. I looked down and realized I had a short tank top on and panties. I blushed and
      pushed the blanket up to cover my legs.

"What was it about?" He asked referring to my nightmare.

"How I was bitten. I was 7." I said playing with my fingers.

"Oh. I'm sorry." He turned for the door but then I said

"What are you doing up so late?" He stopped and turned back around.

"Can't sleep." He shrugged.

"I don't think I can either." I replied.

"Wanna uh watch some tv in the living room with me?" He said kinda nervously. I nodded and followed him into the living room. Yes I was aware I didn't put anything on to cover my self but I didn't care. Why should I care? We sat on the couch but kept our distance. We watched this very annoying werewolf movie.

"It's funny how they exaggerate so many things." I said laughing. I didn't hear a response. I looked over to see Justin fast asleep. I smirked. I went to the fridge and got my spray can of whip cream. I  tiptoed over to him. And just as I was about to spray him, he sprung up and tackled me to the floor. I giggled and sprayed his face. He sat up on his knees trying to wipe the cream off his face. I still laid on the floor laughing. He took some of the cream on his face and smeared it on mine. We both sat there laughing for a few more minutes. Without thinking I pecked him on the lips. We kissed for about a minute when I pulled back in shock at what I did. I mumbled an apology said goodnight and ran to my room locking the door.