Chapter 13: Mom's Back

*Emily's P.O.V*

I teleported myself into Cassidy's place. What? Don't judge me they know I'm a witch plus knocking on the door is boring. The place seemed more empty than usual.

"Helllloooo?" I said into the empty house. My voice bounced off the walls. I guess no one was home. "Anyone home?" I tried again. Still no response. Something felt funny. I decided to inspect the house. 

It had an eery feel to it. I walked from room to room and everything seemed fine. I finally reached Cassidy's door and hesitated. I heard some shuffling in there. If it was Cassidy or Justin they would have answered. This was obviously an intruder. I took a deep breath and opened the door. I gasped at who I saw. She looked at me and hissed. She barred her sharp teeth. I've dealt with vampires before but none this powerful. I thought she didn't care about Cassidy. What was she doing here?

"I suggest you leave. This is none of your bussiness you silly girl." Her cold voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"You shouldn't be here so I suggest you leave." I spat. I extended my arm and sent her flying across the room. Her body collided with the wall causing a hole to form in the wall. She fell to the floor in a heep. Of course dealing with vampires I knew she wasn't affected at all. She grunted as sat up. He glared at me with sharp eyes. She bared her teeth once again and hissed.

"Your gonna pay for that you bitch!" She snarled. She frightened me slightly but I tried to show my brave face.

"I beg to differ." I said as I raised my arm again. This time I chanted a spell that wouldn't vanquish her but would send her back to wherever she came from. It would buy us some time at least. Before I had time to start chanting the vampire ramed into me. She tackled me to the ground and grabbed my throat squeezing it tightly. I panicked. What was I supposed to do? 

Then I remembered I had lighter in my pocket. I slipped one hand away from my throat and into my back pocket. I slipped it out and lit it up. I shoved it into the vampires face and she instantly jumped away. I held it out in front of me and began to chant.

"Clamávero ad virtutem ignis egressus est bestia.Clamávero ad virtutem ignis egressus est bestia.  Clamávero ad virtutem ignis egressus est bestia!!!" (I call upon the power of fire to see this beast be gone) I chanted over and over. The vampire shreaked as her entire body lit up in flames.

"You will be the first I'll kill when I get back you bitch! You will regret this!" She screamed as her body disappeared. I breathed a sigh of relief that Cassidy's mother was gone. I wonder why she didn't use her powers on me though? Maybe to leave me hear to warn Cassidy, to scare her. Whatever the case I was freakin scared for my life. I slumped on the floor scared to the core. I didn't even realize I had tears streaming down my face.

*Cassidy's P.O,V*

I giggled as Justin spread some flour ,from the zeppolis we had ate, onto my nose. We had ate a lot. We ordered four burgers. Two for each because they are extremely tiny. Then we ordered fries. For the desert we ordered a large chocolate milkshake to share and the zeppolis. I burped loudly and the people in the small restaurant stared. Justin chuckled and so did I. Suddenly Hazel appeared under the table. She smacked my shin. I looked under the table and so did Justin.

"Owww what the hell?" I whispered to her. Justin looked as confused as I was.

"Go home now! I will explain there. Its an emergency." She said uregently. I nodded. Justin and I paid for the food and left a tip as we rushed out the restaurant. 

"What's wrong?" He asked as we ran.

"I don't know but we'll find out soon enough." I said as we ran back to my place. Within minutes we were back at my place. The first person I saw was in the living room.It was Hazel. She had a worried look on her face.

"Its Emily come on. She won't tell me whats wrong but I found her in your room crying. She looks really pale too." Hazel said as she lead us to my room. What was Emily doing in my room while I was gone in the first place.

"Whoa Em whats wrong?" I asked when I saw her. She looked like she'd seen hell. She was slightly rocking back and forth and tears were streaming uncontrollably down her face. She did look pale. "Justin go get her some water." I said. I put a hand on her head to feel beads of sweat on it. I wiped my hands on my jeans and tried to console her. "Come on Em were here to help you here . What happened?"  She was quiet for a moment before she decided to speak.

"Its w-w-w-was your m-m-mom. She was here...she was digging in your room and..." Emily stuttered but then stopped probably getting to the part that practically scared her to death.

"Come on you can tell me." I said soothingly. I felt a tap at my shoulder. It was Justin. He handed me the water and I handed it to Emily. She gulped it down then explained the rest of it to me.

"......and then she threatened me. She said she is coming back and that I'm gonna be the first one she kills. You don't understand how powerful she is. We should all be very afraid." Emily finished. I stared in shock at her words. My mom..was in my house. I sat and leaned against the same wall as Emily and took a breath. Wow. Emily place a hand on mind in support and Justin walked over and placed a hand on my head. I smiled at them both.

"Wow so what are we going to do?" I asked.

"Well before I can start training you I need to find out exactly what powers you have." Emily replied. She was starting to sound normal again. That was good. 

"Ok when?" I asked.

"Now is good. I came to find you earlier for this reason. My mom is expecting us. Do you happen to speak latin." Emily asked as she stood up and helped me up.

"Uhhh yeah." I said taken aback that Emily had this all planned already.

"Ok cool. I'll have her back soon." Emily chirped as she pulled me along. I looked at Justin.

"I'll call you!!" I shouted to him and he waved laughing. I started to continue walking when Emily let go of me. She cleared her throat and I stopped midway with one foot out the door. "Uh aren't we going?" I asked.

"Pshhh please walking is for mundanes." Emily chuckled. Mundanes?

"Two questions, what is a mundane and how else are we going to your mom's house?" I asked.

"A mundane is a human and and were teleporting duhh now c'mon." Emily said as she dragged me back into the living room. She held my hand, closed her eyes and our hands started to glow. Eventually we were lifted off the ground and in a flash we were gone. I found myself standing in what was probably Emily's house.