Chapter 1: Another Wolf?

*Cassidy's P.O.V*

 I was running through the woods at full speed. I had a bad day at school and I needed to shake it off. Yes I know cutting school is bad but when you get so pissed you almost turn that's not a good thing. Plus the local wolf pack  wouldn't be too happy. Their like the wolf government in our town. I don't have to be apart of their pack but I do have to follow their rules of staying hidden and all. Right now I was breaking a rule right now being in wolf form in broad daylight. It's risky for the sake of our kind but like I said which is worse? Changing in front of the entire school or a smaller chance of getting caught as a wolf in the woods? You choose. As he could read my mind (he probably could I wasn't sure) the leader of the pack, Leo, came running after me in wolf form as well. He growled at me. I stood my ground and growled back. I didn't bow to him he had no pull over me, I wasn't apart of his pack. The cool thing we can do when in wolf form are talk in each others minds.

"Cassidy do you understand how risky this is?" Leo snarled. I rolled my eyes.

"I was pissed I was going to turn. Better out here than there." I said nodding my head in the direction of my school.  I knew it bugged him how he couldn't control me which made it just as fun. I couldn't help it though, I was a loner, just my nature.

"Just be more careful." Leo said as he trotted away. I blew air out my nose like a laugh. He turned around and gave me the eye ball. I didn't plan on going back to school for the day. I had faked sick so I needed to lie low for awhile. As I went to my make shift house or shack I'd built in the woods I stopped. Everything looked the same but  it felt...different. I sniffed the air with my big wet nose. Someone else was here. Another wolf. It couldn't be from the pack because I know their sents. This sent was unfamiliar and  what scared me was the fact the wolf was still there.