Chapter 11: What Am I?

*Cassidy's P.O.V*

"Alright so what are we gonna talk about this time?" I groaned as I sat next to Justin on the couch waiting for the witch, Emily, to speak.

"Well first I'll start off with a happy birthday to you. I also heard that it happens to be your 18th birthday. The most important birthday for a hybrid. Have you been craving any blood yet?" Emily asked.

"Ummm no. That freakin disgusting. Ugh! The thought of drinking blood makes me wanna vomit. Now that you mention it I'm starving..but for meat. Justin did you order that pizz with sausage or any meat on it?" I asked rubbing my empty tummy. He nodded and Emily just looked confused.

"But this this isn't right. All hybrids I've known have craved blood the very day of their 18th birthday and its always immediate. This is so strange..do you mind if I a spell on you..just to make sure you know everything is alright?" Emily asked. I looked at Justin with uncertainty. He just gave me a 'don't look at me I don't know' look. I glared at him.

"Fine I guess." I said shrugging. Emily quickly motioned me over as she stood up. She grabbed some black eyeliner looking pen and traced some weird symbols on the back of my hand. She then closed her eyes and started mumbling something in latin. Its funny cause I actually understood what she was saying. Don't ask me how I know latin..I honestly don't know myself. One day I just responded to something someone had said in latin. I don't remember learning it though which I find weird.

"Ostende mihi ostendere preterita presens." Emily repeated over and over. The symbols on my hands started to glow and I stared wide eyed not knowing what was going on. Emily started to say the words in latin faster and louder. Her nose started to drip slightly with blood and eventually her eyes opened but were all white. She gasped and fainted onto the floor. I fell to the floor beside her to make sure she was ok. Justin and Hazel Surrounded me.

"Is she ok?" Hazel asked.

"What was she saying?"  Justin asked.

"She was saying 'Show me the past show me the present'. Its latin." I said. I checked Emily's pulse and she still had one thank God.

"I'll go get a wet rag." Hazel said. 

"Justin help me bring her to the couch." I said and we both grunted as we lifted her to the couch. Hazel came back with the rag and I wiped the blood off Emily's nose and put the rag on her forehead. All of a sudden she woke ups and sat up quickly gasping.

"What happened?" Emily asked trying to get her breathing patterns back to normal.

"Well you were doing the spell and your eyes went white, your nose started bleeding and you passed out." I explained the simplest way I could. Emily nodded as if she remember.

"That doesn't usually happen..unless I'm casting a powerful spell..which I wasn't. Sometimes when  I cast spells on powerful individuals I tend to do that. Do you have any idea who you are or who your mother is?" She said.

"Um both my parents are dead..." I said looking at her funny.

"Not your mom. Well from what I saw in the past your both something more powerful than you think." Emily said staring at me like I was a freakin Goddess. "How about we talk about what I saw in my vision. In private." she added. I nodded gratefully and lead her to my bedroom.

*Justin's P.O.V*

"What do you think their talking about?" I asked Hazel. We were sitting on the couch with the TV on mute trying to decipher what Emily and Cassidy were talking about in the room.

"I don't know...ugh the torture!" Hazel groaned. I laughed at her dramatic personality.

"Hey since your a ghost you can like make yourself invisible right?" I asked with a mischievous smirk.