15 - A Hot Mess

I let him get to me. I let him dominate me, god I'm so stupid. I'd just found a job and then bam within what a few days it's gone. I want to hate him but I just can't. Just like how I can't seem to get the taste of him off my body. Bad enough to have his scent around me twenty-four-seven, but now to know what it feels like when he kisses me. My good god I'm sure in for some trouble.

It's midday and I've just finished cleaning the house. I decide to take a quick shower. I walk to the bathroom adjacent the bedroom. I then strip off and turn the taps on. I step inside the fogged cubical and sigh as the warm water hits my body. I stretch a little before washing myself. Once I'm satisfied I grab a towel and wrap it around my body.

A practically do a fairy dance back into the bedroom, just in case Dominic catches me though I'm sure he's still at some pack meeting. I have no idea what's going on in this town, I'll definitely need to speak with my sister. I dry off as quickly as I can and shuffle through my bag. I pull on some lightly blue lace underwear.

I then grab my denim skinny jeans, black long sleeved tight v-neck and leather jacket. Once I'm fully dressed I exit the room while grabbing my bags and heeled boots. Just then I hear the front door open and am glad to be out of the shower. I move to greet Dominic. As soon as I walk into the front lounge area his eyes glare into me.

I move nervously. "Where are you going?" he growls, clearly someone's not having a great day. I move to sit on the sofa and begin pulling on my shoes.

"I'm just going shopping, I won't be long" I reply looking up through my hair which has frayed around me like a veil.

"I'll come with you" Dominic takes a step forward, though I can tell he's tired. Besides he did not come home last night, he needs rest.

"It's fine, go sleep. I know you're tired" I mumble zipping the sides of my shoes up. The boots reach my knees and have two inch heels on them. I make my way around him but he stops me by grabbing my waist. I tense as soon as he touches me for electricity literally shoots up and down my body.

The buzz makes me ache in regions that I'd not like to mention. Heck screw it, I'm beginning to feel hot and flustered. I try to shrug out of his tight hold yet he's having none of it. He pulls me back so I'm flush against him. "I want to come" he places his head on top of mine.

God, he's become so touchy recently and I have no idea why. Maybe it's because I'm finally living with him so his wolf want to be all close and personal, I know for a fact that my wolf is scratching to get out and mate. "I swear Dom, I'll only be gone a little while. You won't even realise" I smile hopefully, needing sometime with my sister. I don't want her to feel intimidated by having her Alpha with me.

"I'll always know when you're gone" he tightens his grip.

"Please, please..." I trail. He sighs but nevertheless releases his hold on me. I stumble back slightly disorientated. He just has this effect on me like no other, I finally know what they mean about Mates literally making you lose your mind.

"Fine, go. But I want you back as quickly as possible or I'm coming after you" he says it so husky. I feel my body heat up all over again and wish I could change my panties. I'm sure he can smell my arousal, I sure as hell can smell his. "You'd better go before we mount you" I can tell he's not only referring to his wolf. "Here take my car" he throws me his keys.

I know my cheeks have turned red. I nod shakily before walking out the door. I race to the safety of his vehicle and stare the engine as soon as I'm buckled up. I notice my hands fidgeting, god he makes me so damn frustrated. I'll admit in a good way. I decide to head to my sisters first, then I'll stop by the markets.

I follow the dirt trail to the main road. This whole town only has one main road, all the other roads are natural. I drive for about five minutes before recognizing my sisters turn off. Fine I lied, I smelt her and Jakes scent. I smile softly, it feels like it's been ages since I've seen her, though I know it's only because Dominic seems to have invaded my mind.

I park outside her house. I know she's inside I can hear her cooking. All the females in my family have been cooks of sorts. My great, great grandmother was known for her herbal ointments. I guess that's where I got my genetic healing from. I always wondered though why Louis never received them, nor my mother or in fact anyone in my family. Sure they all worked with medicine but none of them actually had the abilities I had, well not that I know of.

I knock on the door. Louis immediately opens it and wraps me into her arms hugging me tightly. "God, it feels like forever" she mumbles into my hair. I hug her back.

"It sure does. Guilty, I've come here for some information" I step back.

Louis raises her eyebrow before inviting me inside, "what kind of information?" she questions confused.

I take a seat in the kitchen on one of the dining table chairs. "This pack seems so secretive, I honestly have no idea what's going on" I mumble.

"Why don't you ask Dominic?" she's genuinely confused.

"I don't know. I just feel like if he wanted me to know, he'd tell me" I mutter playing with the lace table cloth. "He did not come home last night" I continue. It's been bugging me all day, why was he at the meeting so long? Did something bad happen? Is something bad going to happen? All these questions and more float through my mind, yet I never seem to have any answers for them.

"Trust him Lana, I'm sure he has his reasons" she squeezes my shoulder. I know then and there, she too does not know much, but she knows something that's for sure. We continue taking, just basically catching up with one another.

"Bye sis" I give her one more hug before exiting her home.

She calls out to me while waving. "Make sure to visit soon!"

I salute her before climbing into the car again and starting the engine. I reverse out and make my way back onto the main road, I then direct myself to the town. I park in one of the empty spaces in the supermarkets parking lot. I then move inside while grabbing a green basket. I begin to fill the basket up with different ingredients.

I want to make a really nice dinner tonight with dessert. I miss my bakery. That reminds me I need to call the Patchett's. All of a sudden I hit into a hard body. I stumble back and fall, damn it. I look up through my curtain of hair, "I'm so sorry, I don't know where my minds going these days" I blush.

"It's fine, love" the tall handsome man in front of me holds his hand out. I take it and in one swift movement he pulls me up. I'm lucky only a few packets of little toppings fell from my basket. The stranger picks them up before handing them to me.

"Thank you" I take them from him and place them into my basket. "You new in town?" I question.

He shrugs, "you could say that". "Well it's been nice meeting you, I'm sure we'll be seeing each other soon" he continues. He bids his farewell and I stare after the stranger confused. I then shiver, I hadn't noticed it while he was with me but he sure lets off a bad vibe. I continue shopping and push my strange encounter to the back of my mind.

I pay for the groceries and then proceed to put all the bags into the car. Once I'm done I hop in. I lean back and sigh. I then begin driving to Dominics home. It takes about fifteen to twenty minutes before I'm driving down the rocky road. I park in front of his house. I then grab all the bags, because I hate going back for a second trip. I lock the car up and enter the house.

"You were gone for a while, I was ready to come find you" I jump once I see Dominic standing at the entrance pulling on his boots.

"I'm sorry, I decided to visit my sister it's been a while since I had" I mumble.

"You should've told me" he growls.

"Sorry..." I trial off moving to take the bags into the kitchen. I can feel Dominic following me by the force field of heat surrounding me. I place the bags on the counter and begin depositing all the groceries into their rightful places.

I feel Dominic close in on me and stiffen as he traps be against the bench. He runs his nose along my neck and then stiffens. "Whose scent is that!?" He growls out dangerously a cold shiver runs down my back.