1 - There's a storm brewing.

Chapter 1

I flip the switch, and the lights flicker off. I then make my way out of the small building, while locking the shutters and rolling door. "You're closing early" I turn around and smile at Mrs Patchett, she own's the florist opposite my bakery.

"I'm visiting my sister for the weekend, she lives a couple of hours away, thought I'd head out" I smile at the middle-aged woman. When I'd first moved to the city, she'd been my first friend, and know more of a motherly figure.

The woman looks at me confused, "I never knew you had a sister" she raises her voice, as a car drives through the road between us.

I laugh softly, humourless, "I'm not that close with her". I once was.

"You'd best hurry, there's a storm brewing, up ahead" Mrs Patchett looks to the sky while saying this.

I smile at her softly, then check the door to my shop. I wave at the woman across the street from me, and make my way to my car. I hear the rumble of thunder as I close the door of my vehicle. I turn up the heater, and reverse out of the parking space. I glance at the florist and my shop, before sighing lowly.

I'd left home for a reason, but I'd held off visiting my only remaining family, for far too long. My sister and I had moved from our old pack, a couple of years ago, I hadn't seen her since. We'd both wanted different thing; her, moving in with another pack & me, breaking away from all werewolves.

Sure, we'd kept in touch, via phone and email, but I miss her. I walk through my apartment doors, after parking in the underground resident parking zone. My home is small, but perfect for me. The kitchen, living room, and dining area are all joined, and then a door leads off to my room, and another leads off to my bathroom.

I'd say there's a colour scheme, but if I'm honest, they really isn't, however there is a standard cream like colour. I slip my shoes off and walk to my room, while throwing my bag over the kitchen counter.

I take a quick shower, and proceed to dry my golden brown hair. Once I'm satisfied I leave it in its natural curls, and walk to my closet. I pull my clothes on and slip into some boots. I then grab my bag and small suitcase.

**

Three hours on the road so far, only half an hour left, and I can say the nerves are getting to me. It's been so long, what if my sister doesn't like what she sees. I'd kept my wolf out for so long, and now she's scratching at my mind, trying to break free. I'd turn back, I almost had, but something had kept me going, tugging me to the address my sister had given.

I look at the sign, just before I pass it, 'Dockland Lakes - Exit 22'. I'd just passed exit twenty-one. I feel my palms begin to sweat as I turn off on to a dirt road, "where the hell am I" I breath out loud. Rain begins to fall and I turn on my head lights. Five minutes later I'm driving through a town. I feel a heavy weight on my mind, and pull of to the side.

I need air. I turn my ignition off, and practically fall out of my car. 'Shift' my wolf demands. I hold her in, clutching my head, while rain continuously falls on to me. I take in a deep breath, god I can smell all of the wolves.

"Mummy, is that a rogue" I hear of in the distance.

"I don't know, baby, come on hurry up!" I hear the panic in the mother's voice. All the towns people voices float through my head. They think I'm a lone wolf. I guess I am, but I am no rogue.

"But mummy, she looks hurt" I hear the same little boys voice.

"We don't help those things" The mother replies harshly.

'She'll be bowing down to us, one day' my wolf growls darkly, I scold her, I have no idea what's wrong with her. That's when I realise, I'd too growled. I look up, the pain in my head easing. Looks of disgust and curiosity, are pointed towards me. I don't blame them.