3 - Dominating Demands.

Chapter 3

What is he thinking, coming to my work place like this. I glance up, catch his eyes. They are so hard and cold. I serve another customer, with a large smile, though my mind is fluttering everywhere.

'Why aren't they leaving'

I look at the clock, I close in two more hours. Just than Mrs Patchett walks in, her loud voice snapping me out of my daze. "Lana, you're back!" she exclaims, slapping her hands together, causing me to jump slightly.

"Sure am, ma'am" I smile.

"Oh love, Mr Patchett is dying to see you. You know how he gets, when you don't visit" she rambles.

"I'll be sure to visit soon" I reply.

"He worries about you dear, always thinking somethings going to happen" she sighs.

"He has nothing to worry about" I laugh softly, its nice having a bit of normal.

"Oh that cranky man, has a cane up his ar-" I cut her off right there, seen as another customer walks in.

"What would you like" I greet the beautiful female in front of me with a smile. I watch Mrs Patchett walk around, to my side of the counter.

"A black coffee, no sugar, and a veggie roll" she replies curtly, tapping away at her smartphone.

"Won't be long, miss" I begin preparing her order.

I hear a soft growl coat the air, as I lean over the counter, no human would hear the sound, but I'd picked it up. My head shoots up, and I look straight at the Alpha, warningly. I continue with the order, and hand the woman her roll and coffee.

I expect her to leave instantly, but after she scans the room, she decides to take a seat. A seat, extremely close to Dominic, I feel a growl of my own.

"...so how about tonight?" Mrs Patchett questions.

I'd missed the start of her sentence, due to my wolfs anger towards the woman, "I'm sorry... tonight?" I question back.

"Oh love, I wonder how you make it out the front door each morning" Mrs Patchett chuckles.

"So do I..." I mumble back.

"Do you want to come over for dinner, it'd put that old man to rest" she smiles softly.

"Sure, do you want me to bring anything" I look towards the warm elderly woman.

"I know you will, even if I tell you not to" she scolds slightly.

"That's true" I look back up, distracted. I grip the counter next to me, tightly. That damned woman is chatting up Dominic. My wolf, is practically clawing to get out. I push her back, I don't want this. Maybe they know each other, she might just be a friend, I try to think up excuses.

"I'll see you tonight, then" Mrs Patchett kisses my cheek, and makes her way back to her shop, across the street.

"Hey how can I help you" I say instantly, after hearing the door chime.

I work diligently, until it's time to close. The Alpha and Beta, had left an hour later. I clean the bakery and close up. I decide to go home, shower and then go to the Patchetts home.

**

I step out of the shower, and into a steam filled bathroom. It's been eating away at me, who was that woman. I'm not one to judge normally, I'd blame my wolf, but I too am curious. I guess I did run from him, and if I do go back to him, that'd mean joining his pack. That's the one thing I never want to do.

I dry off, and step into my room. I pull on comfortable jeans and a nice blouse. I then pull on some boots and make my way to my kitchen. I pull out a newly baked caramel and a bottle of sparking wine. The Patchetts live about ten minutes from my home, I grab my bag and walk to the door, but before I open it, theres a knock.

I pull the door open, with a sigh, he's here. I could smell his intoxicating scent through the door, and pull the wooden door away, just made his scent stronger. I take in a large breath, my wolf purrs.

"Where you headed?" Dominic questions gruffly.

"That is none of your concern. Why are you here?" I reply smartly.

"It is of my concern" he snaps instantly, not replying to my question.

"It is not, now please answer me. Why are you here?" I repeat.

"You're coming home with me" he orders.

Hold up, now paddle back, "since when!" I demand to know. I do not recall agreeing to this.

"I'm not going to argue with you, you're coming with me, and that final" he growls.

"Like hell I am, Sorry Alpha, but you're not my Alpha" I reply softly.

Telling him he's not my Alpha, changed something in him. One minute he's standing outside, the next he has me pushed up against my hallway wall. "I am you're Alpha" he dominates.

I try to squirm away from him, but he has my front pressed against the wall tightly. "Let me go!"

He runs his nose along my neck, "no, you're body is mine, you're mine" he breaths against the back of my ear.

It takes every bone in my body, not to shiver, "I have a dinner, I need to attend to" I sigh. My body heats up, having him this close to me is not helping.

"Then cancel it. Like I said, you're coming home with me"

"No I'm not, you can just come into my life, and demand things of me!" I snap, using my strength, I push of the wall. "Now please leave my home" I growl, gesturing to the open door.

I look behind the enraged Alpha, and his Beta is pacing back and forth worried. I feel bad, Dominics probably going to take it out on Jake. The Alpha looks up at me, and I jump as I feel his hand fly through the air. He just punched the wall next to my face, I take in a broken breath.

"This isn't over" He growls, marching out my front door.

I watch as Jake tries to calm him down, and mouth an apology, when he looks in my direction. I lock my front door, and call Mrs Patchett. I end up cancelling the dinner, I don't think I'm up for it at the moment. I make my way to my lounge room, shakily, and flop down onto my couch.