TPA- 14

14

I woke up due to the bright light of the sun on my eyes. I was encased in someone else’s arms. I turned to peek to see who it was. It was Nate.

Panic spread through me as I looked down. We were both naked. Our clothes were spewed all over the floor. What seemed like boxers hung on the arm rest of the vanity chair.

Slowly, I peeled off Nate’s arms off me and stood up.

This should not have happened. I couldn’t believe this even happened!

I walked around the room my hand massaging my temples as the headache of reality crushed me, trying to find my clothes.

When I finally found my clothes, I quickly out them on and brushed out the tangles of my sex hair. After removing my make up with some wet tissue, I strapped on my shoes.

“You’re leaving?” his voice was tired, sad, confused, and husky at the same time. “For the second time around?”

I couldn’t speak. I was frozen in my spot as I looked at him. He was only wearing his boxers, the ones that hung on the chair. His hair was a mess but it suited him.

“Answer me Kate.”

“I-I’m sorry.” I whispered and stood up.

“So is this really it?” he asked, his eyes piercing through mine, as if he was pleading. “Is this going to be the cycle of our lives? You leaving me after a night I give you my heart and regretting it? Then coming back to me after? Is that it?!”

I was shaking. “It’s not that-”

“Then tell me what it is!” he barked and I was taken aback.

“You don’t understand,” I started talking.

He scoffed. “Then make me understand! I am willing to understand, it’s just that you won’t let me.”

“Nate.” I said. “It’s just I don’t think last night should’ve happened after everything that has come about before that. It’s too much for me.”
“Too much?” he stated, not believing the words that were coming out of my mouth. “Too much?!”

I sighed. “Try regaining everything in one night during your ex which also happened to be your ex teacher’s birthday party while your boyfriend, or in your case girlfriend, was supposed to be in Chicago and when you get home, you find her there, with practically your biography in a folder, from past to present, from birth certificates to report cards.”

“I admit, it was my fault too.”

“It was both of our faults.” I muttered. “Just give me some time.”

“I gave you five years Kate.” He sighed. “Five years in agony.”

I shook my head, taking a few steps back. When my backside hit the wooden door, my hand clutched the door knob and twisted it.

“I’m sorry.”

I took a run down the hall and started pressing the elevator button violently. Unfortunately, the elevator was still in the top and a lot of stops.

I paced around the hall, muttering to myself.

“Shit.” I uttered. “This shouldn’t happen, but it did. I shouldn’t have left him, but I had to. I shouldn’t have ran away from him, but I needed to.”

Damn, the universe must really hate me right now.

“I shouldn’t love him.” I leaned on the wall facing the elevator, ready to fall if the damn thing doesn’t open up.