TPA- 01

IF YOU ARE CONFUSED BY THE NAMES PLEASE REFER TO MY AUTHOR'S NOTe AT THE BOTTOM FOR A BETTER UNDERSTANDING. (I wouldn't say it here because it would spoil the fun.)

THIS HAPPENED FIVE YEARS AFTER THE ACCIDENT

01

I straightened out the black mid thigh pencil skirt I was currently wearing and crossed my right leg over my left, waiting for the meeting to be finally over.

I was never the one to actually sit through a couple of hours, doing nothing but listening to someone talking in front. I was more of the type that slept or ate until everything was done and not actually give a fuck, but right now I was being not me and sat quietly, nodding every now and then.

Staring blankly at the cream colored wall, I yawned and covered my mouth with my hand not wanting to disrespect anyone present in the function room.

“Are we good on this? Ms. Harlem?” I heard Matt’s voice directing at me.

I looked at him, smiling and hiding the fact I never really listened to these meetings since I always receive a summarized report on this by tomorrow. “Yeah, that would be amazing.”

“All right, everything is settled.” Matt said, and with those words, everyone started leaving the room. “I want a full report on this by tomorrow.”

When everyone had already left the room, I turned to Matt with a sheepish smile. “What exactly were we talking about?”

Matt chuckled as he arranged the papers in front of him and placing it in a manila folder. “You never like these meetings don’t you?”

“Nope. I’d rather read it through.” I rolled my eyes, gathering up my own papers and placing it in one of my own manila folders. Where was Chris anyways? I needed to figure out my schedule for tomorrow morning. “Have you seen Chris?”

“Your P.A.?”

“No, my brother.” I replied sarcastically.

“Haha very funny.” Matt replied in the same tone. “Where is Sarah?”

“Your secretary?” I mocked.

“No, my ass.” He replied back and ended it with laughter.

“In all seriousness though, where is Chris and Sarah?” I looked around the empty function room and through the glass walls. Surely they’d still be here since they couldn’t just leave their job behind.

“I don’t know, give Chris a call or something and while you’re at it, ask him if he saw Sarah.” Matt shrugged and placed the eggshell colored manila folders in his black briefcase and slammed it shut.

I fished my phone out of my blazer pocket and speed dialed Chris. After a few rings, he picked up. “Where are you? The meeting’s done already.”

“I’m at the break room, I’ll be right over. Anything you need from here?”

“Just coffee and a sandwich please. By the way, is there a chance Sarah is with you?”

“She’s here.” Chris said through the other line.

I covered the microphone with the palm of my left hand and said to Matt, “Sarah’s at the break room.”

“Good, tell her to bring coffee or tea. Whatever’s there.” Matt called as he left me alone in the function room. “I’ll be going now Dev.”

I dismissed him with my hand as I replied to Chris. “Matt wants quote and quote, coffee or tea. Whatever’s there.”

“Yes ma’am.”