TPA- 09

09

Nightmares. It was the reason I told Matt on why I was crying. It was true, well mainly anyways.

I was enclosed in Matt’s arms under the comforters. My face was buried in his chest, his head in my hair. I could feel his breathing on my scalp.

“Stop crying alright?” he murmured in my hair. “Your hair smells good.”

“I stopped crying five minutes ago.” I whispered, my warm breath tickling his chest. “Stop worrying.”

Matt kissed my hair and nuzzled his nose deeper. “I don’t like seeing my girl cry.”

I nodded. Girl or girls?

“I’m sorry I came home late Dev.” Matt muttered as I was drifting into sleep. “I had some things to take care of.”

Speaking of today… “Matt?”

“Yeah?”

“I kind of bumped in with Nate earlier today…”

I felt Matt tensed up a bit and quickly eased down. “And?”

“He’s inviting us to his birthday on Friday.”

“I can’t on Friday.” The words left his mouth in a rush and my head instantly look up making my head and Matt’s chin clash. “Crap. Did that hurt?”

I reached my hand to my head and rubbed the sore spot. “Not really.”

“Let me see.”
“Why can’t you on Friday?” I clarified, my eyes locked with his. “What are you going to do?”

Matt gave a sheepish smile. “I’m…going to uh, Chicago.”

I raised a brow. “Chicago eh?”

“Uh, yeah…Chicago.” Matt raised his hand rubbed his chin. “I’d bring you with me but it seems like you have a party to attend.”

“I’ll go with you if you want.” I muttered and looked back down at my fingers, entangling them with each other. “Anything for you.”

“Anything?” Matt asked, and I could feel his heart beat faster.

“Anything.” I breathed out my reply. “For you.”

“Don’t leave me.”

I remained silent. Should I tell him of what I know? Should I tell him I saw him with another woman earlier today? Should I tell him about the time I overheard him and Barch talking? Should I tell him how I feel? That I feel cheated on? That I feel like crying every time he lies?