TPA- 04

04

“Change the font on page twenty seven, third headline. It is messy and barely legible.” I muttered as I flipped through the sample lay outs for next month’s issue of Prime magazine. “Also find a substitute on page fifty three’s first image. It looks like porn.”

Chris nodded as he jotted things down on his notepad. “There are a lot of tits in there.”

“I noticed. We are not trying to sell a sex magazine for Christ’s sake!”I cried, slamming the sample pages on top of my desk. “Heck, tell them to change half of their layouts. It is chaotic and confusing.”

“Alright.”

“You know what? Set an emergency meeting now at the conference room. They need to stop thinking like a horny teenager and stop using porn worthy pictures in the magazine.”

“Is it really that bad?”

I pursed my lips into a thin line and flipped the sample layouts so that Chris could see the naked girls covering their body parts, or should I say merely covering their body parts.

“Oh sweet Christ.” Chris gasps.

“Tell me about it.” I mutter and shove the layouts to a clear plastic envelope. I shook my head and exhaled out loudly.

“Alright then.” Chris took his phone out of his pocket and started typing something in. a few minutes later, he said “Ms. Harlem, conference room number three is vacant.”

“Get everyone there. I’ll be over in five.”

“Yes ma’am. Anything else?” Chris inquires, twisting the door knob open. “A drink? Sandwich? Any calls I need to make or anyone I need to restrain?”

“Protein shake and a burger perhaps?”

Chris nods. “Consider it done and ready on your desk when you arrive. Notes on the meeting?”

“No. That’s all Chris.” I gritted and removed my glass as I closed my eyes.

I could hear the door creak as Chris leaves my office. I could hear faint sounds and voices muffled by the door. The sound of scrambling feet lingering on my ears. I brought my fingers up to my temples, rubbing around in circles as I try to soothe my suddenly aching head.

“This is annoying. Can’t keep this foul mood lasting Devonne.” I mumble the words to myself as I stood up from y chair and left my office, my laptop and the envelope in my hands containing the very disappointing layouts.

I stepped in the elevator which restrained about seven people. I joined in and waited for the car to reach my level before stepping out. The floor level I was in was a whole story just specifically for meetings. Conference rooms were sound proof and there were about six or eight of them just in this level.