TPA- 05

05

Nate dropped me off at the Admiral, both of us trying to pry away what I had did earlier on. We sat in silence for about ten or fifteen minutes until we arrived. I bid him goodbye and went my way up to the top floor.

I passed the vestibule and into the living room where I encountered Barch, Matt’s P.I. What the hell is he doing here? I eyed him whilst he gave me a nod and closed the door behind him. Anthony Barch, we never really got along. I really do not know why but, it’s just that. Matt on the other hand, they get along very well.

Matt emerges from his study, in his regular dress suit. He’s carrying several pieces of paper and a brown manila folder. He looked up from his glasses and saw me. He was in a state of shock at first but then quickly got over it.

“You’re back from your date,” he advanced towards me and took me in a hug. He planted a short swift chaste kiss on my lips. “How was it?”

“It was great, thanks.” I replied and mirrored his kiss.

I was nervous, not actually shaking on the outside but on the inside, I was. I need to tell him that I kissed Nate. There is no way he will live and continue his life tomorrow without knowing that. But as I said, I am frightened of what his reaction may be. Matt may be a gentleman and all that crap but every person has a limit, and hopefully, this ain’t Matt’s.

“And I see you went out on a date as well?”I cocked my brow, tilting my head towards the door.

“You mean Barch?” he asked.

I replied, “Unless you have a naked or even fully clothed woman in the bedroom, yeah I mean Barch. Whose private life did you invade now?”

All the color in his face drained out. Did I say something wrong? Any buttons I pushed?

“You still there? Matt? Anything wrong?” I waved my hand over his face and placed it over his forehead, he seemed fine. “Are you alright?”

“Yeah, I am.” He shakes his head, as if trying to shake something off his mind. I stare at himfor a couple of seconds until I made sure he was really fine. “Just trying to invade some business related person’s life.”

I nodded. “Who?”

“You really don’t need to know who and you don’t know this person anyway.” His tone was stern and I knew I have to stop asking. He clearly did not want to talk about it, and I really don’t want to upset him of what I am about to say.

I sighed and removed my shoes off my feet, holding on to Matt’s shoulder for support.

“So, how was your date baby?” he asked, guiding me to the bedroom as he stripped off his neck tie and suit jacket. “Please tell me you had a good time so that I would not need to punch the bastard’s face, but please don’t say great.”

I giggled and replied, “Yeah, I had a good time.”