TPA- 12

Revelations- part one

Let me remind you guys that I neither proof read nor edit. So please, bear with it.

________________________________________________________

12

I closed my eyes, my mind trying to assemble the puzzle pieces of my life back together. It all seemed to wrong, so chaotic, and I do not know where I should start getting mad at. Should I start with me being an idiot? Nate choosing Tracy over me? Allison? How Nate had the guts to actually do what he did to me after what had happened?

“Excuse me.” I muttered.

“Wait.” Allison grabbed my elbow. “Let me explain first.”

I remained unresponsive, signaling for her to go on.

“I’m clean.” I could hear the joy through her voice. “After that horrible night, I began to panic as my conscience took over me. And I don’t know why Nate did what he did but he took me in. He got me into rehab, and kept track of me. When I was finally clean, about two years later, that was when he offered me a job and I accepted it. It was a chance for me to start anew, fresh.”

I looked up and saw Allison was already teary eyed. I smiled. At least one of us had things turned for the better.

“That’s good to know.” I uttered and shrugged her hand off me. “Please excuse me.”

I darted out of the building and to the back. Tears were already on the verge of falling. I counted one to ten, just to calm myself down and to start think things through.

“There you are.” Nate’s voice said behind me. “I have the towels although now they are for your tears. What happened?”

“Go away.”

“Kate…”

I turned and barked. “Leave me alone for once Nate! You were able to do it for five freaking years, what’s a lifetime more?!”

“What are you talking about?”

“You know what it is!”

“I don’t.”

I sighed and sat down on the floor. “Please just leave me alone.”

“After you tell me what’s going on.”

“Everything, I remember it all.”

He looked horrified. “Everything?”

“Every damn thing.” I said. “Now move away.”

“Wait, let me explain.”

“And what?” I snapped. “You’re just going to lie to me again? You are going to tell me that you thought I was in the other boat when Allison clearly said Tracy was in there? Oh yeah, by the way, I met Allison again, just now.”

“She’s clean.” He defended even though I didn’t accuse her of anything.

“I know.” I said. “You’ve helped her, but then again you always helped others before me.”

“You were always on top of my list.”

“It seems like I’m the last.”I retorted and stepped to the side. “Now please, I need to go.”

“Let me explain first.”

 “Why won’t you leave me alone?” I whispered. “I’m through with listening to you bullshit.”

“I told you, I’m not going anywhere until you let me explain.” Nate was getting pissed off, but I was already fuming.

“Yeah? Watch me.” I shrugged him off as hard as I could and ran past through him, through the crowd inside the ballroom and out through the door. Parker was in the parking area but I do not need him to call Matt and tell him about this.