TPA- 03

Wattpad removed the 'remove spaces' button so please forgive the rather large spacing.

03

The ballroom was well decorated and now very full contrary to what we have seen earlier when we arrived. Guests were already settling in to their second or third glasses of wine, biting in to the finger foods served.

Matt, being the host, walked from one corner to another trying to make sure nothing would go wrong and he barely talked to me ever since the party started.

And being me, I sat on the table and ate, leaving Matt to his business. I would know better than to interrupt him when he is busy worrying. He’ll just shrug me of and explode when he needs to.

“Dev.” My name was called and I turned my head, my mouth slightly full. Matt grinned as he sat on the empty chair beside me.

Swallowing the food, I wiped the corners of my lips. “You done panicking? Jesus, it’s like you never hosted a party before.”

“Yes, I am done. I was just worried there won’t be enough food but come to think I may have leftovers enough to feed an entire third world country.”

“Stop exaggerating.” I muttered.

Matt nodded and enclosed my hand with his. “Come. I want you to meet a few people.”

With slight force, he pulled me up from my seat and away from the table. I did manage to grab up my shawl with my other hand. He blatantly entwined his fingers within mine, making a blush crawl to my cheeks.

He introduced to a couple business moguls. I faked a smile, certainly not really interested. They asked a couple of questions and I answered them politely with a smile, hoping to end the certainly dull conversation we were having about the weather.

After what seemed like a long time, the people we were talking got either bored, had a call of nature or a phone. Which one I really didn’t care.

“Just one more person Dev. Please?”