Back To Where It All Began

I'm so so so excited for this

^_^

SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT. This was... a weird chapter to write, honestly.

Part 3 of ????

<♥>

You're warm.

That's all you feel as you float through nothingness, your eyes closed as you fight off sleep. Your entire body feels like it's wrapped in a cocoon of heat.

But then, ice runs through your veins. Your calm, serene escape is punctured, the air growing thin and your body growing cold. You want to move but you can't as you fall through the air, careening down for what feels like hours.

And suddenly, you're awake. With a few tired and confused blinks, you glance around your surroundings. You're standing in the middle of nowhere – literally. There's nothing around except for never-ending black. Though your legs are shaky and a little unstable, you start to walk forward.

And you walk. And you walk.

Your mind is completely blank. You've no idea how you got here, or where you are, or where you came from. All you know is that you need to walk forward, to find someone or something.

Eventually, you see a clearing in the distance. There no light, per se, but there's an odd, faint blue glow over the area, just enough that you can clearly make out where you are.

There was likely water in this place at one point, like a small pond. But now there's just a low crevice in the land, surrounded by dying grass and sloping hills overlooking a sky filled with twinkling blue lights a far as the eye can see.

You've been here before, when you saw not-Terra in your dream only a few days prior.

"Where am I?" you mutter to yourself as you tear your eyes from the hauntingly beautiful sky.

But, of course, there's no one there to answer your question. With a sigh you turn towards a strange castle in the distance, floating above the sloping hills. It has three tall towers, white in color and surrounded by bright gold chains which serve as a clear contrast against the dark sky.

Not sure what else to do, you decide to walk towards the castle. Maybe someone's inside, and can tell you where you are and what's going on.

Probably not, but you can still dream.

There isn't even so much of a ghost of a breeze as you make your way up a winding path leading to the castle. It's other-worldly, and for a moment you wonder if you're in heaven. After all, you did nearly die.

And just like that, it all comes rushing back.

The war, your Nobody, Ven, Vanitas... A hand rests over your chest as you lean against the side of the large boulder beside you, your mind swimming with forgotten memories. What happened? How did you get... here?

With newfound determination, you push yourself from the wall and hurry forward, ready to reach the castle and find some answers.

Just as you're about to make your way up a steep, all-white staircase leading to a set of double doors, you spot a man seated at the open window above. You can barely see him due to the dark shadows cast over the castle, but it's clearly a person, seated there, distracted.

Without a second thought, you run up the stairs, throwing yourself through the doorway and into the castle. You don't even take a moment to appreciate the enormous entryway, what looks like a throne room complete with beautiful stain glass windows, and a large double staircase leading upstairs. All you do is head forward, unwavering in your mission to find whoever that was you just saw.