Retribution

To all of you beautiful readers who won oneshots – I promise I haven't forgotten about you! They'll be coming once all of this is finished ^_^

There's still more to come after this chapter, I promise. But a lot gets solved here. It's VERY long. But this series isn't over yet <3

Part 6 of 6

<♥>

Ven can barely hear a thing, as if his world's gone silent and the battle surrounding him is nothing more than just vivid still-frames. His focus is completely locked on Terra, who's standing not too far away. Terra's eyes are half-lidded, watching the fights before him with a bored and uninterested expression through his harsh yellow eyes.

"Hey, you," Ven calls out, feeling his blood pressure rise as he stares at his practically comatose best friend. Terra's gaze darts over to the marching blond. "Oh great, you're still brainwashed," Ven realizes with a morose sigh.

"You are not my target. Please disengage and avoid any and all contact, either physical or verbal," Terra orders, his voice robotic as he turns his attention back to the battles waged just in the distance.

Ven makes a face, his lip curled up in displeasure. Terra never uses big words.

"Terra," Ven pleads, returning to his original mission as his expression softens and he rests his hands on his chest. "It's me. Ventus. Your best friend? Your brother..."

"I'm an only child," Terra replies without skipping a beat, and Ven groans as he drops his head back in defeat.

"I don't mean literally, ya big idiot," Ven grumbles under his breath, straightening his head as he runs a hand through his disheveled hair.

That actually could have been a response from the real Terra.

"You are not my target," Terra repeats simply, still gazing out at the various fights just ahead of him.

Ven holds back another sigh as he does the same, though he gives a double-take when he realizes you're sprawled out motionless near Xehanort, who's watching you along with his younger version as you lie there motionless. He starts to take a step towards you, when an arm extends in front of him and blocks his path.

"You can't go near them," Terra tells him, his yellow eyes locked with Ven's blue ones.

"Yeah? Who's gonna stop me?" Ven challenges as he summons his Keyblade.

"Oh. You want to fight?" Terra asks lazily, summoning his own, and much larger, Keyblade. "Very well."

"Not really," Ven argues with a quick glance towards you. "But I will if I have to."

"Yes, you will," Terra agrees, his headgear fully snapping into place as his sharp mask shields his face.

Ven frowns, taking a defensive stance as Terra charges forward, lacking any semblance of grace as he juts his Keyblade towards Ven with sheer power. His strength is unrivaled, but Ven manages to stand at attention and successfully block his attack with a swing of his Keyblade in front of his face.

The blond's about to push back and fight against his friend, when a voice calling his name brings him back to reality. He glances to the side, spotting Aqua running frantically towards the two of them, before a flash of red appears in his peripheral vision. He's barely able to dart out of the way as Terra's large Keyblade swings over his head, just grazing over his hair.

"Ven! Stop!" Aqua calls out as Ven grits his teeth and leaps forward, his blade meeting Terra's as the two engage in a rapid and forceful clash of strength.