Riku

A/N: I'd suggest reading all introductions, because I'm going to be sprinkling in little hints about the plot from here on out. This one's a little darker than the others, which will also be happening depending on the guy's personality. Some of them are doing just fine after the War, some are struggling. Sora and especially Noctis are fine. Riku is struggling. Which then bleeds into [Name], because if the guy is struggling, then so is she. Vicious cycle.

Enjoy~

♥ Alex

[ONE YEAR LATER]

You glance around your surroundings – you're atop a rocky mountaintop amidst deep canyons. The sky is practically black, and rough winds thrash your body as you struggle to stand. The wound on your shoulder has re-opened, as well as your hip. Blood pours down, drenching your clothes and your body.

The canyons where you almost lost your life have become your purgatory.

"There's nothing you can do, [Name]."

Your eyes dart up to the cloaked man before you. Any relationship with him would be considered minimal, at best – so why is he always following you?

"Ah, Xemmy, don't be cruel," the woman standing beside him laughs wickedly, her dark eyes locked onto your stumbling form. "Just finish her."

"What do you want with me?" you ask, taking a weak step backwards as you hold onto your bleeding arm.

Your Nobody saunters towards you, hands clasped behind her back. A wide smile is on her face as she watches you closely. She stops right in front of you, leaning in so her lips are brushing against your ear.

"Silly [Name]," she coos, and your face distorts in disgust. "I want you."

With all of your strength you shove her away with your good hand, and with another loud laugh she grabs onto your injured shoulder. You cry out in pain, nearly collapsing to the ground.

"I'm going to take him for myself. You know that, right?"

Your eyes widen, searching hers for emotion. There's none.

"What's his name – Riku? I've been watching the two of you, late at night," [Na-x-me] continues, running a finger down your cheek. "He's quite handsome, you know. I wonder if he'll look at me the same way he looks at you."

Your breath catches in your throat, and your eyes start to burn with tears.

"I can easily," she clears her throat, her voice suddenly becoming much softer, "be you. Never forget that."

"Let's just get this over with," another voice decides, and your eyes dart to the side to see Vanitas suddenly standing beside you. "I'm sick of this game."