Back to Basics

I am SO sorry for the long delay, you guys. I went on vacation and forgot to leave a note at the end of the last chapter -_- Then I got sucked into reading a couple non-KH/FF stories and lost some inspiration (Death Eater Draco Malfoy will always be my weakness, I love that bastard~) but I'm BACK and ready to finish this bad boy.

ALSO – If I don't respond to someone's comment, I'm really sorry. I try to respond to all of them but since I was gone SO long, it's too hard to go through everything <3

<♥>

"How did this even happen?"

"I don't know. I just woke up and found them like this."

The sound of two voices filter through your mind. It barely registers, however, as you snuggle down into your pillow, ready for more sleep.

"God help me. These are the two laziest people here, besides Reno. We'll never wake them up."

"Aw, maybe we shouldn't. Look how cute they are."

"Pfft. You sound like [Name]."

At the sound of your name you start to slowly stir, releasing a groan as you stretch your legs out and your arms over your head. As you do so, you hear a whimper of pain next to you, feeling your elbow collide with something solid as something that feels suspiciously like an arm retracts from around your side.

Your eyes snap open once you realize that's not entirely normal. You're met with bright blue eyes, and you release a shriek of surprise as you jump backwards, barely managing to stay on the bed as you cling to the blankets.

"Aw, they're awake," you hear Aqua disappointedly comment.

"It's a miracle," Angeal dryly responds.

You crane your neck up, peering over at the two who are watching you from the foot of your bed. Blinking tiredly, you look over to the side, where Ven's all but hidden under the blankets, only the top of his head and his eyes (which are narrowed into slits) showing.

"What's going on?" you manage to slur out, still half asleep.

"You missed training," Angeal tells you.

"Oh, darn," you mutter, pulling the blankets over your head as you start to fall back asleep.

You feel the blankets lift up by your feet, and before you can so much as scream Angeal grabs your ankle and hauls you out, so you fall smack on your butt on the ground.

"Sorry, I'd have let you sleep a little longer. You two looked so adorable, all curled up together," Aqua coos, sounding like a proud mom who finally got her kids to sleep through the night.

"Oh my God," Ven complains, fully hiding under the blankets as he desperately tries to wish them away. "You're so embarrassing sometimes, Aqua."

"You. Get ready," Angeal snaps, kicking at your shin.

"Alright, hold your horses," you grumble, rubbing your sore backside as you stand up and shuffle towards the bathroom. "What time is it?"

"5:01," Angeal replies.

"I'm only one minute late?!" you exclaim, throwing your arms up in the air in exasperation.

"At least you didn't get elbowed in the face," Ven points out grumpily from under his blankets.

"Oh... Sorry," you apologize as you pull out a pair of shorts and a shirt from the pile of clothes you hauled in from your room. "Blame the wake-up brigade for that one."