Reno's Ending

Reno's Song: "Shape of You" by Ed Sheeran

"Girl, you know I want your love
Your love was handmade for somebody like me
Come on now, follow my lead
I may be crazy, don't mind me
"

[]

TWO YEARS LATER

"Ah, fuckin' shitballs!"

The sound of sudden, and loud, cursing causes you to jump in surprise before you quickly relax into an eyeroll, knowing all too well what's going on.

"Lost again?" you call out with a giggle, shaking your head as you grab two beers from the fridge.

You close the opened door with your hip, sauntering into the game room from the kitchen with one bottle in each hand.

"I didn't lose," Reno corrects haughtily right as you walk into the room. He's lounging on the couch, seated forward as he stares at the TV with a determined gaze, his X-box controller clutched in his hands. "I just didn't win."

"Ah," you agree with a sarcastic hum, holding out one of your hands. "I see."

His gaze darts up to you, a scowl on his face at your teasing until he realizes you're bringing him a present. With an eager grin he accepts the bottle, taking an unceremonious swig before he pauses his game, tossing the controller next to him as he wraps his free arm around your waist and hauls you down into his lap. You release a laugh, trying very carefully to keep your beverage upright as you sink into his arms.

It was hard to believe that a little more than two years ago your life was a living hell of constant fear and struggles as you prepared for what you knew could be your death. It seems like an absolute lifetime ago, or even a bad dream. It's the polar opposite of your life now.

You and Reno decided to move back to Midgar a few months after the war. It wasn't that you wanted to leave your friends, but the city needed serious help following the collapse of Shinra. Sephiroth's death had opened the floodgates, and finally loosened the hold of the "corporation" on the populace. The army and a few good citizens stepped in to clean up the mess, and you finally found your calling. While Reno was happy to busy himself with the intelligence unit of the army, which was weirdly similar to his work with the Turks, you were doing defense work and using your magic to help as much as possible. When an emergency struck, you were there to clean up the mess and ensure there were no casualties.

And as for your personal life, things with Reno were better than you ever thought could be possible. He's convinced marriage is some kind of a government scam, so there will never be a ring or a ceremony, but truthfully you don't care enough to push it. There's no need for any sort of labels with him. The love you both feel for each other is so strong that words would only cloud emotions. Each day feels like the first, and each day you find yourself falling more and more in love with him. It's never not laughs and smiles and kisses – with the odd fight sprinkled in, of course. But those days are rare.

"Thanks for the liquid sustenance, babe," Reno compliments, leaning down to give you a quick peck on the tip of your nose.

"Looks like you need it," you joke as you glance at the screen, where he's clearly fighting a losing battle against the game's boss.

Reno's eyes narrow before he leans forward, grabbing your bottle from your hand and placing both of them on the table in front of you. Before you can even react, he's grabbed you around the waist and flipped you down so that you're lying on the couch, his body pinning you there as his lips find yours.

"Might as well focus on something I can't lose, then," he notes as he pulls back for a second to shoot you a small smirk.

"No complaints," you muse, a soft laugh escaping your lips before his mouth covers yours once more, one of his hands rising up so that his fingers can gently run through your hair.

And in the blink of an eye, there goes the rest of your night.

[]

Would everyone want me to post kind of a teaser first chapter to the new series I'm working on? I finished it and am kinda curious what people think before I really start to dive into it and let my imagination go wild ^_^

When Worlds Collide will also be updated very soon, I hope by Monday <3 but these results are taking priority!