Chapter 38

It was Alfie's first birthday and I woke up in the morning from the couch only to make breakfast like I usually did. I was three months pregnant since Daniel and I work pretty quickly and tried every night. Luckily Louis was still sleeping peacefully with Daniel in our room. 

Louis was in his terrible two-phase and would get nightmares almost every night, so Daniel and I arranged it where Louis would have to sleep with him as I slept on the couch since Louis liked to walk in in the middle of the night and I'd usually have something very important to do the next day and once I woke up I would never be able to go back to sleep. 

I began making pancakes and once I finished and got everything onto a plate I cut some fresh berries and was able to just put on some light makeup before I heard Alfie crying. 

I went into his room and picked him up, kissing him on the forehead and carrying him down the stairs as he cried because I knew he was hungry. I brought him down and put him in a highchair and put the food in front of him letting him eat it with his fingers. 

Just a few minutes later I saw Daniel walk in with Louis walking beside him. Daniel lifted Louis onto a chair and Louis began eating his pancakes along with a very sleepy Daniel. 

I was going to try to make the day perfect since all the Why Don't We boys, Logan and Jake would be over for Alfie's first birthday and everything would be vlogged for sure. That's why it was great having Daniel home, so I could make him run all these errands, our two boys did definitely make our relationship stronger and weaker in some ways. 

Having Daniel back made me realize how much I really did love him and needed him. Having him back made me realize that I wouldn't made if Daniel left all the band life behind for his family, it made me regret all my encouragement that I couldn't take back. 

"Danny can you go out after breakfast and this list of things for Alfie's party, it's just cake and other food?" I requested and Daniel nodded his head as I handed him the list and he kept it in his hand and kept on eating along with Alfie. 

"Mommy, got milk?" Louis questioned and I went into the fridge and dug out the milk pouring it into a cup and handing it to Louis. 

"What do you say?" Daniel asked the first words I heard him say all morning. 

"Please!" Louis exclaimed. 

"Good boy," Daniel praised as he kept eating. 

Once he finished he got up and put his plates in the sink and sat back down waiting for Louis to finish. Daniel got distracted though and went over towards Alfie while he was still eating and throwing around his fruit. 

"Happy birthday Alfie," Daniel smiled as he kissed Alfie on the forehead. 

Then Louis finally finished breakfast and he put Louis' dishes in the sink. He picked Louis up and kissed him on the forehead and walked Louis back into his room, probably to change him. 

I saw Daniel and Louis come outside a few minutes later and Daniel kissed me on the cheek, "We'll be back. We're going to get everything now." 

I thought it was the worst idea considering he was taking a two-year-old food shopping when he could have stayed with me and a baby, but it was Daniel's choice. Within seconds Daniel just left without really saying bye to me. 

I didn't know he was being so cold to me. Usually, when Daniel wakes up he makes a big deal out of everything, says good morning to everyone, kisses me multiple times, watches Mickey Mouse with the boys and then he's out at the Why Don't We house and comes back only to be just as enthused or even more. 

When Daniel came back with Louis, I could tell he was slightly annoyed because I saw in the bags several things I knew that Louis probably just put inside the cart or possibly stole and Daniel had to go back and pay for it. 

"Emma. Can we talk?" Daniel asked in a growl as he turned the TV on and put Louis and Alfie in front of it. 

"Of course," I answered as he brought me into the kitchen. 

"You didn't tell me Chance was coming," Daniel huffed.

"Well, he's Jake's best friend, Anthony's coming also. Why aren't you mad about that?" I questioned.

"Because I noticed the way he acts around you even in vlogs and stuff. I can tell he likes you, back when you told me you think he did I thought it was just a joke," Daniel explained in a rather whiny tone, "I just want you to know that I love you so much, I just don't like when you're around people that like you the way I did, but now no one can love you as much as I do."

"That's really sweet Daniel, but don't worry. Chance is aware that I'm taken. He is coming to our child's first birthday party anyway," I replied and Daniel just sighed kissing me passionately, "Why aren't you worried about Jonah?" 

"Cause that was years ago... right?" Daniel trailed off.

I didn't want to worry him even though I remember Jonah saying he was still in love with me (which was months in the past), so I just agreed right away, "Of course." 

"Just promise me tonight you won't end up alone with him anywhere," Daniel whispered in my ear.

"I promise," I answered and he just smiled at me, "I love you and only you. Well, not only you."

"What?" Daniel questioned.

"Louis and Alfie," I answered, "And the third one. A girl by the way." 

"A girl!" Daniel exclaimed.

"I just found out a few days ago. I didn't know how I wanted to tell you, but I decided just to do it now," I explained and Daniel smiled at me, "Just know that I love you and nothing will ever happen between me and any other guy. Tonight will be perfect and focused around Alfie, but if I know Louis, a lot of it will be him too."