Chapter 11

"DANNY BOY!" I exclaimed once I saw him in the airport, he was wearing a white shirt, sunglasses, black skinny jeans, black shoes and he was wearing a cross necklace.

"EMMA!" He cheered as I jumped on top of him and he pulled me into a hug, "Well we finally got to hang out! We're going to the lake in like three hours, you wanna meet my parents and my sister? They're waiting at home."

"I can't wait!" I exclaimed as Daniel held my bag for me and we walked out of the airport and we got into what I assumed was his parents' car and we began driving to his house and made small talk in the car.

"What have you been doing without me?" Daniel questioned.

"Absolutely nothing, it's been so boring without you or the boys Danny, but Logan came back since it was too hard for him to vlog at burning man and he didn't enjoy it that much," I answered.

"Oh, so you left him for me?" Daniel smirked.

"You can say that," I answered as Daniel pulled into the driveway and we walked into the house together and Daniel put my bag down, we were going to go to the lake in just a few hours, so he kept it by the door.

As I walked into the kitchen I noticed his family all sitting together and eating pancakes (my favorite, but waffles are great also).

"Emma! We've heard so much about you from Daniel. I'm Keri, this is my husband Jeff, and our daughter Anna, both Chris and Tyler aren't home right now," Daniel's mom explained to me pulling me into a hug, "Now we're going to the little island on the river at twelve, so be ready and enjoy staying over at the Seavey household!"

"I will, it's a pleasure to meet you all," I smiled at his family and then Daniel took me up to his room, where he picked up a guitar and started doing a lively on Instagram.

I read the comments as he played for a while and he began playing Hallelujah and a bunch of fans began freaking out for reasons I didn't understand at all.

That's when I saw a comment from Jonah, Emma, you're at Seavey's house? I would've invited you over to Minnesota in an instant! I pinned the comment and kept listening to Daniel play and then I saw more comments about how great he was and how unnecessary I was for being there, the fans called me a slut and a whore, but I shook it off.

I realized that I was a little bit of a slut. I kissed Zach the first day I met him and now I moved onto Jonah quickly, and apparently everyone thinks I've got a thing going on for Corbyn (which I honestly don't).

I noticed a comment from Logan though, Emma is not a slut! She only likes one guy in the band and the one she originally thought she liked was obviously rejected! I pinned that comment to the top instead only to notice a comment from Zach.

Yeah, I was the rejected one... We good though. Jonah's her man, not anyone else.

I thanked Logan and Zach for sticking up for me and then I turned off the lively which Daniel didn't really mind that much. We sat together in his room a little longer before he started playing on a keyboard.

"You know the lyrics to You'll Be in My Heart?" Daniel asked and I just nodded at him and he interrupted me before I could speak, "Great, let's sing it together."

His fingers began skillfully moving along the keyboard and before I knew it he was singing encouraging me to join him. I took a deep breath and I decided to join him since it was only him and I.

"Come stop your crying it'll be alright," Daniel began.

"Just take my hand, hold it tight," I continued.

We took turns switching lines from there and then we sang the chorus together. I just sang as Daniel was able to do all the instrumental work that I was never talented enough to do. That's when I noticed his sister at the doorway.

"Anna?" Daniel questioned.

"What? I thought it was cute enough to Lively, so I did. Now I probably have a lot more followers because of you Daniel!" Anna exclaimed laughing walking away and Daniel got up and closed his door and looked at me.

"I hope you don't mind..." Daniel chuckled nervously, "You aren't mad at me are you?"

"I'm not mad at you, you didn't do a thing. It's alright, you wanna go mess around with the drone you talk about all the time?" I suggested and Daniel nodded his head getting it out of a lot of packaging and he got the remote and we went outside.

We messed around with the drone for about thirty minutes before we went inside. I got into my bathing suit and he got into his and we were ready to leave early, so we went back into his room and he attempted to teach me how to play guitar, but he failed since I'm terrible.

Then we got into the car and began driving to their house on the lake, which Daniel and I just did a lively together in the car, which was fun.

Once we got out of the car though we went straight onto the Seavey's boat, where Jeff would drive the boat while Daniel, Anna and I went tubing. We tubed for thirty minutes and I was proud to say that I didn't fall at all even though at one point I almost flung off the tube. 

We sat in the boat for a little just to relax and go around. I talked to Daniel's family for a long time on the boat, but for the rest of the day, they kind of left us alone even though this was really their only chance to see Daniel, which I felt bad about, so at some points in the day I abandoned Daniel to talk to Anna, so Daniel could talk with his parents. Somehow though Daniel would always end up back with me. 

After tubing and being on the boat Daniel and I set up chairs right beside the lake that was set up like a beach. There were small waves of water crashing onto the wet sand, as we sat down together in towels even though we were both already dry, from everything we did it was beginning to get late and the sun was beginning to set. 

"You look cold already, you want my sweatshirt?" Daniel offered and I just nodded my head and he handed his sweatshirt to me and I put it on quickly warming up slowly. 

"Thanks, Danny, you're a really sweet friend. You know that?" I asked a rhetorical question and Daniel just smiled. 

"I also realized we haven't taken any pictures together," Daniel answered getting up and then coming back with his sister. 

She took a picture of Daniel with his arm wrapped around me and the lake/river in the background. Daniel's gaze was set up me with a smile being flashed at me, and I looked up back at him. 

His sister gave Daniel back his phone and then he showed me a few tricks on his Chinese yo-yo he could do. I would be lying if I said Daniel wasn't talented because for some reason he knew how to do everything. 

Once the sun was down we all got in the car and drove back to Daniel's house. An air mattress was set up beside Daniel's bed, Daniel handed me some sweatpants assuming I'd stay in his sweatshirt and then he went onto the air mattress. I changed into my sweatpants in front of him since I was wearing underwear which was the equivalent to the bathing suit I was wearing earlier today. Then I turned to him. 

"No! You've been way too kind to me, I'm taking the mattress you sleep in your bed," I commanded.

"I've slept there for eighteen years, I can sleep on the mattress," Daniel insisted already resting his head on the pillow. 

"Fine Danny, but next time we do something cool I owe you one," I replied getting into his bed and resting my head on his pillow, "Good night Danny boy." 

"Good night Emmy," I didn't see it, but I knew Daniel had a smile planted on his face.