26

Well this is an epic chapter so I best get on with it. I hope you guys like it! Thanks again for bothering to read it, please read and review. Let me know what you think!

Jazz had decided she would be a 'fantastic sister' in her words; driving Bella and I to the airport the next morning after prom.

It was 7am and Bella was a little cranky after the early morning wakeup call but I made sure to cheer her up by showing her how I had colour coded her suitcase during the night.

Of course Bella appreciated what I had done but she found it more amusing than anything. Normally I would have just rested with Bella through the night, letting her grip onto me as she slept but that night I couldn't sit still.

Cuddling with Bella at night was the closest thing I had ever come to sleep in my existence as a vampire. I became so relaxed and at peace that I felt like I could close my eyes and possible drift off to sleep.

Though technically it wasn't possible, it felt like it was almost in reach.

Carlisle had explained to me that when this happened; it was because I was in a peaceful state of mind while I was with Bella, that I was one hundred percent content with her and it was true.

But that night my mind didn't want to be peaceful or content, it just wanted to place further stress on me.

Prom had been an amazing night, Bella had actually enjoyed herself and I wasn't about to let that escape her attention in the near future.

I gloated the entire trip home from prom about how I was right and she was wrong because I always knew I would be right.

Though as soon as I changed and found myself in the very familiar four walls of Bella's room, I realized what the next day would mean.

It would mean that I would be facing my biggest fear yet: her mother.

I wasn't afraid of Renee, nor was I intimidated but I just wanted to make the best impression possible.

I had changed my outfit for the trip to Florida five times overnight while Bella was sleeping.

"What's going on in that beautiful head of yours?" Bella asked as she looked back at me from the front seat

"Huh?" I asked shaking my head before I registered what she had said "Oh nothing"

"Real convincing" Jazz mumbled "You're going to be fine Alice. I could practically feel your anxiousness from Bella's house this morning"

"Alice why are you still nervous about this?" Bella asked with a sigh "How many times do I have to tell you that she's going to love you?"

"A couple hundred more" I replied

"Stop" Bella furrowed her eyebrows "I'll say it again; she's going to adore you, it's impossible not to okay?"

"Okay" I nodded

"If she freaks out too much just give her a bit of a slap on the back of the head, generally gets the brain working again" Jazz said trying to lighten my mood "Ali you'll be fine"

"I know" I nodded again "This is just really important to me"

"And I love you for valuing my mom's approval so much" Bella encouraged "But you need to stop this or you'll drive us both crazy on the way there"

"I know, sorry" I replied sheepishly

Bella flashed me a grin before she turned back to face the front of the car

"So what are you going to do while we're away?" Bella asked my sister

"I'm not sure, the usual I suppose" Jazz shrugged "There'll just be less chirpiness around the house"