11

"Jacob, I'll see you when you just stop being a jerk" Bella said while she kept her eyes on me to keep me as calm as I could manage "Go home"

"You try it again and you'll be missing an arm" I looked past Bella "Just an arm, if you're lucky"

I quickly walked to the other side of the car and I opened the door for Bella. She kissed me on the cheek before she got in and I softly closed the door behind her.

Getting in the car, I backed up and began to drive home. I was driving fast but I made sure not to drive fast enough to make Bella uncomfortable.

Bella was silent for most of the drive back until we took an unexpected turn

"Al this isn't the way home" Bella said furrowing her eyebrows as she looked back at the turn we were supposed to take to her house

"It's the way to the hospital" I replied quietly "We have to get your hand checked out before I can take you home. I don't think we should go to dinner tonight either"

"But I want to go out with you" Bella protested

"You're not going with a sore hand, it looks too painful" I replied as I turned a corner sharply "Not tonight. We have tomorrow still if your hand is feeling up for it"

"I'm feeling up for it now"

"You're tired, I can see that" I mumbled "How's your hand? You okay?"

"In a bit of pain but I'm okay" Bella nodded

"My brave girl" I cooed trying to lighten both of our moods

"How did you know what he was?" Bella asked

"The treaty Bella, we are aware that they were descendants of wolves and we knew of the legends of the tribe. I just wasn't sure whether Jacob was one but it was confirmed as soon as I smelt him all over you" I grimaced "If I had known that he was one, I would have been a little more reserved about you going"

"Wait, I smell bad?" Bella asked

"No, he smells bad" I growled

"I'll have a shower when I get home" Bella added quietly

We were silent for the rest of the trip to the hospital; I was stewing in my rage at Jacob and my worry about just how hurt her hand was. Bella sat quietly with her injured hand resting on her chest. It actually came to my attention that she could have been silent because she had been scared of me.

I parked outside the hospital and I expelled a deep breath as I tried to stop myself being so upset. I gripped the steering wheel so much that I was scared it was about to snap.

"Are you mad at me?" Bella asked as a little more than a whisper, looking down at her hand

It was strange, she was more or less the dominant one in our relationship yet she was like a cowering little child stuck in a time out after being punished

I unbuckled my seatbelt and ran around to her side of the car, opening her door to kneel down in front of her so that my eye level would be below hers. I reached up to cup her face gently in my cold hand

"No sweetheart, of course not" I cooed "I could never ever be mad at you. Why would you think I was mad?"

"I just thought you might be angry because I went to La Push when you didn't want me too and this happened"

"Oh sweetie, no. First of all, I'm only angry and Jacob and second of all, if you want to go somewhere and I don't want you too, I would expect you to go anyway. I don't want you to stop doing something you want to do just because of me. Does that make sense?"