13

Charlie wasn't there so the nomad found himself frustrated when he was greeted with an empty house.

I came out of the vision with what felt like a pounding head. My line of sight cleared and I looked down at Bella who was still sleeping peacefully. I kissed her on the top of the head gently before I calmly squirmed my way out of her grip. She murmured something, grabbing at the empty bed next to her, settling again after a few minutes. I looked over her for a moment longer before walking out of the room, making sure to close the door softly.

Edward had already heard what had happened and what was going through my mind so he was outside my room, waiting for me patiently.

"Edward" I said with a worried expression

"I know" He nodded

"He's after her Edward and I don't know why. It can't just be the smell" I shook ran a hand through my hair quickly, a nervous habit that Bella had passed onto me "We have 7 minutes before he gets there"

"It probably is just her smell though Alice" Edward reasoned

"I feel like I've seen him before though" I replied "Like I know him from somewhere"

"He doesn't look familiar to me" Edward said furrowing his eyebrows

"Okay what's going on" Jazz asked as she appeared at Edward's side "I can feel the stress radiating off you both"

"We need to go; the nomad is going to be at Bella's house in" I paused and looked to a clock "6 minutes"

"Well why are you two just standing here talking then?" Jazz asked "Let's go"

"No, Jazz I need you to stay here with Bella. I'll get Emmett to come with" I replied "I need you to keep her calm for me"

I rushed out to grab Emmett; I knew his strength was going to come in handy.

"So what do you want me to do?" Rosalie asked as we walked out towards the door

"I need you to stay here and protect Bella" I begged "Please. If she wakes explain to her that I will be right back"

"I'm not going to lie if she asks where you are" Rosalie said shaking her head "She should know"

"I know" I replied "Emmett?"

"Let's go get this nomad" He said with a smirk

I was all too aware that Emmett was actually looking forward to killing this nomad, if I was honest, so was I.

We quickly left the house and made our way to Bella's.

Suddenly I was thankful that Charlie was out and Bella was sleeping safely in my bed.

Edward beat me there seeing as he was the fastest and Emmet followed me.

We reached the Swan residents and I could just smell the nomad even from the outside.

He was inside my girlfriend's house, coating it with his scent.

A growl emerged from my throat as we jumped into Bella's room, a movement that had become second nature to me.

We heard movement downstairs so we quickly followed but he wasn't there once we reached the first floor. I ran back upstairs and paused as I saw him by the window, smirking at me.

His eyes were intent on me, just begging me to follow him. He looked like he had just fed as well so I knew he was strong but I wasn't thinking.

He was wearing no shoes and old clothes with a long blonde pony tail. His expression was hard and menacing as he quickly jumped and I followed.