14

"I know. I know that" Bella mumbled "I love you too"

"You must be tired though" I replied.

First remembering that she was indeed a human whose body survived on sleep and second, she had been fast asleep before I had my vision

"I'm a little tired" Bella admitted with a shrug "But I'm fine"

"Would you have any objections to laying with me in bed then?" I asked quietly

"You just want me to go to sleep" Bella said

I couldn't see it but I could hear in her voice that she was smiling

"Maybe, is that so bad?" I mumbled "So?"

"Okay" Bella shrugged "Any excuse to be in a bed with you is a good excuse"

I chuckled quietly and stood from her lap. I grabbed her hand behind me and tugged her over to the bed. We got under the covers and I felt Bella curl herself up against me. I sighed quietly as I listened to her heartbeat and I watched her chest rise and fall slowly.

"See, you're tired" I whispered softly into her ear

"I'm not tired" She protested "I just need to rest my eyes"

"Then rest your eyes" I replied, kissing her on the top of the head "I'll be here when you wake"

"You better be" Bella mumbled

She was more tired than she thought she was, which I knew. She drifted off to sleep quickly, soft murmurs escaping from her lips as she talked quietly in her slumber.

After an hour or so lying with my Bella, I gently detangled myself from her body, tucking her in as I left her alone in bed. The last thing that I wanted to do was leave her but I had a few things to take care of first.

Walking downstairs I noticed that my entire family was sitting in silence in the living room.

Respective couples sat with each other, silent in their own thoughts

"Why are you all brooding?" I asked coming down the last stair "That's Edward's thing"

"Alice we need to talk about what happened" Carlisle said "I know you probably don't want too but you're going to have too"

"I already told you what happened" I said folding my arms "I don't understand what else I have to talk to you about"

"We have to talk about what's going to happen next" Carlisle said "What we're going to do about this situation"

"We're going to find him and we're going to kill him before he can even gets close to Bella" I replied as if it was a simple answer

"I'm thinking more along the lines of protection for Bella" Carlisle replied "Yes we are going to try and get the nomad but first of all we need to make sure that Bella is well protected"

"Like security detail?" I asked raising my eyebrow

"We just think that maybe if we take turns of watching over her for a little while, it could make the nomad think twice about trying to get to her" Esme said

"If that is actually his plan" Jazz said calmly

"Which it is" I replied "He point blank asked me whether she wanted to be like us. Edward said that the nomad wanted to turn this into a game because he felt like I owed him"

"For now, her safety comes first" Carlisle said simply "Then we can figure out what we are going to do with the nomad"

"Well that's easy, I'll watch over her all the time. You won't have too" I replied