10

"I appreciate your concern Rose but I don't need it" I said

With that I walked out the front door, a grin on my face and a skip in my step as I began to run to my girlfriends' house. It felt fun saying that; it made me happy just thinking about it.

I ran through the woods to get to the Swan residence and I came out to the side of her house. I quickly climbed up the tree and swung myself into her room, she had left her window open once again for me. I could hear water falling and her humming quietly so I knew she was in the shower, so sat patiently on the windowsill waiting for her to come out. I looked around her newly tidied room; she felt that she needed to clean up before I came over.

The shower soon stopped and I heard the bathroom door open slowly. Bella walked in her room quietly, towel in hand, in pajamas and all ready for bed

"Alice" She greeted with a grin after she paused for a moment, realizing I had arrived

"Hey you" I greeted quietly with a smile of my own

"Have you been here long?"

"No not really, just for a few minutes" I shrugged "Charlie's not home yet?"

"No, he had to stay in the office until late" Bella replied

"Good think I came over then huh?" I leaned back against the windowsill again "To protect you from all the evil doers in Forks...or to protect you from yourself more like it"

"Don't fall off that" Bella smirked "Someone could just walked over there and accidently push you to make you fall down"

"Not possible. Not only am I a vampire, I have the elegance of 3"

"Oh I've noticed" Bella nodded happily "You look really pretty by the way"

"Thank you sweetie"

"So how long did you stick around the hospital after I left?" Bella asked, sitting her bed as she began to dry her hair with the towel

"An hour or so, just speaking to Carlisle and mulling things over" I shrugged

Bella shifted to give me a strange look and she continued drying her hair "What?"

"Mulling things over?" She raised her eyebrows "Things like what?"

"Things like, maybe you should mind your own business missy" I replied jokingly with a playful wink

"Whatever" She shook her head, smiling

"You realize I have never been happier?" I asked as I watched her movements "I always knew I would be happy when I found you but I didn't expect that you could make me this happy"

"Me too. Things just feel natural with you" Bella replied nodding "I haven't decided when to tell Charlie yet but I'm thinking when I get back from La Push tomorrow"

"What time are you going there?" I was biting my tongue heavily.

If she wanted to be Jacob's friend than she could be, I just didn't like the way he looked at her...actually I made it pretty obvious that I wasn't a fan of him at all.

"I don't know. About 10 maybe" Bella said shrugging and a grin developed on her face "Can you stay until then?"

"If that is what you want" I nodded

"I want you to come and sit next to me, you're too far away" Her voice had hints of desperation so I quickly walked over to the bed and sat next to her.

I was so close in fact that I was practically sitting on her lap, so I wrapped one arm around her waist gently to pull her closer, if that was possible