9

"Oh I've already sorted that out. We've both gone home sick for the day so you have no excuses, get your homework and let's go" I replied with a smile, I wasn't taking no for an answer "We have things to do and don't try and pretend that you're thinking about it because you've already decided, I've seen it"

"Things to do?" She asked skeptically

"Yes" I replied simply as I took her hand gently in mine but began to pull her quickly to her locker

"Okay well where are we going?" Bella asked from behind me as we walked

"Well, the sun's going to be shining in a clearing that I like to go to sometimes, I'll show you what happens to us in the sun" I turned back to look at her "And then I'll take you to my house to meet my family, but we've got some of time to spare"

"An afternoon with Alice Cullen, sounds like something I can do" Bella replied nodding her head "Though you really didn't need to kidnap me, you could have just asked"

"Bella how is that any fun?" I giggled quietly

"It doesn't give me heart attacks, that's for sure" She replied "But I do want to spend the afternoon with you so this time I'll let it slide"

"Well good because you owe me for abandoning me on Sunday" I grumbled as we arrived at her locker

"You're still holding a grudge over that?" She smirked

"I'll hold a grudge over that for a while" I glared at her playfully "Vampires hold grudges for a very long time"

Once she got all of her books from her locker, I began driving us out towards the woods

"Alice, do you think maybe you could slow down a bit please?" Bella squeaked as I turned a sharp corner

"Sorry" I apologized, offering her a small smile

"It's okay" She reassured me

"Now, you certainly can't tell Charlie we went anywhere near the woods" I said "The very last thing I need right now is your father hating me for taking you out somewhere dangerous"

"If I told him, that would mean I would have to tell him that I skipped school"

"You didn't skip school though" I grinned "Nope, you were sick"

"Of course" She smiled slightly "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure"

"If you did come across the vampire, we'd be safe right?" Bella asked

"What, you don't have faith in me?" I asked playfully

"No I do, I was just asking because I obviously can't do anything to help" She said shaking her head "I'd kind of be useless in the situation"

"Bella I would protect you no matter what" I said as my end of the conversation also turned serious "And you are anything but useless okay?"

Without replying, Bella reached over to take one of my hands from the steering wheel and she entwined our fingers, resting them on her lap.

We soon reached the woods and I parked my car under a tree so it could stay as hidden as possible. Well as hidden as a glorious, yellow Porsche could be anyway. I made my way over to Bella's side quickly, opening her door

"There's no sun here" Bella said with a look of confusion as she stepped out of the car

"Nope but there's sun up further past all the easy places for humans to reach" I said with a smirk "That's why it's one of my favourite places"