Chappy 16: Sea-Monkey

Author's Note:

First! I wanna say sorry for the long wait. We had our examinations this past days so I can't update.

Second! I wanna inform you that this book has 4 chapters left and an epilogue after this chapter. 

Third! Actually this is a request! Could you please recommend this book to your friends? I just want this to have atleast 3000 reads before it ends. 

Fourth! I'm just gonna ask for your suggestion. Should I put this to Watty Awards 2012?

Please do comment about what you think! 

P.S. Im gonna upload after 10 votes. Is it okay?

-MsBlackHeart21

Ch 16: Sea-Monkey

Previously… "Edward, I'm so sorry." (Even though I doubt you forgot where I left off)

"I can't say yes," she said, looking at me from under her eyelashes. Umm… if you can't say yes, I'm going to take that as a no. Why don't you kick me in the nuts, and go tell my mom about our sex life, so that you can officially make this the worst day of my life?

"It's not a no either, so please stop looking at me like that," she pleaded. I didn't even realize that I was staring at her with pain in my eyes. She probably thought I was going to smack her or some shit. Either that or start crying; which was a real possibility.

I stood up from my knee because I wasn't about to stay like that while she rejected me. I sat down next to her on the bed, and she took my hand in hers.

"I just don't want to be 'that girl'. I don't want people to think that it's because of the baby. I don't really care what people say, but I see it all the time in the business. It's such a cliché to get pregnant and then start rocking a big engagement ring. Can we please just hold off on this for a little while? I'm still trying to wrap my head around being a mom, I can't really add wife to that right now. I'm so sorry, Edward. I love you so much and I promise one day, you'll ask me and I'll squeal and cry and give you the yes you deserve." I turned and looked into her eyes. It was breaking her heart to say no, I could see that.

I didn't want Bella plastered on gossip sites. It was going to be bad enough that she was pregnant out of marriage with a guy that she's been dating for half a minute. We didn't need to add a shotgun wedding to the mix. But I wanted to marry her before the baby, and I wouldn't stop wanting that.

"I'm not going to stop asking," I said with a smirk. She smiled at me and leaned in, resting her forehead to mine.

"And one of these days I'll say yes."

X~X~X~X

In the following weeks I had asked Bella to marry me about fifteen times. Of course, I never fucking told anyone I proposed in the first place since Emmett finally agreed to give me back my man card. He said that if I was man enough to knock a chick up, I deserved to be a card carrying member of 'Men Around the World'. Yes, he said it like it was some kind of secret society.

"What time do you guys go to the baby doctor?" Em asked as he helped me lift the weight back onto the rack. I had started to work out more since I was freaked out when everyone said I would get fat due to Bella's pregnancy. Something about sympathy weight or some shit.

"The appointment is at three, so I have to head out soon," I replied, switching spots with him so that I was spotting his lifts. He added extra weight since he could lift about a hundred more pounds than me.