The Texan Lady

You didn't really specify what type of of Kurapika x Reader so here you go.

Requested and dedicated to hxh-ctrl

▫◾◽◼◽◾▫

The sun started to peek over the horizon, gently kissing the roof tops and chasing the shadows away. A girl - possibly around the age of twenty - sat on the slope of the roof top. She let out a sigh of relief. Then, took a long drag and dropped the cigarette​ off the edge, leaving it to smolder on the surface below. She went to her little siblings room and flicked on the light, "Ana. William. Time for school get up." She softly spoke as she began to grab the clothes on top of the dresser she sat had out on the previous day. The children rubbed their eyes with their tiny balled up hands and yawned. A sweet simple smile crawled upon her lips as she saw them struggle to put their jeans on. They made her feel like a mother, even though she never actually had one of her own. She helped them get dressed and get their stuff together for upcoming school. It was Ana's first day of 1st Grade as well as Williams first day of Pre-K. She gently grabbed each of their hands and lead them to the bus stop. "Take care of your lil' bro for me, Sweetheart." She mumbled as she kissed her forehead and kissed Williams next. "Lil Man, listen to you big sister, okay?"

"M'kay Momma." He smiled. She watched them both pile up on the bus and sit in their assigned seats. She smiled and wished Andy Recktor - the bus driver - to have a great day. The daily routine was definitely new to her, get up at 5:45 in the morning and go to bed around 1:00 in the morning. She went back in the house and smelled the aroma of freshly made coffee in the kitchen. She sat at the wooden table and sipped on the bitter Plain Jane coffee as she put her rent money in an single white envelope addressed to her landlord.

Sorry for not sending this sooner. Here's the rent for this and last month. I am working quite hard at work, I'll probably be starting a second shift at the Shootin Star Café to be able to place more payments on the land and all. Thanks for everything.
-Rosetta Sue Johnson

-------------

My wrist started to ache. The chilly weather outside started to seep into my bones, making me cold to the core. I lit a fire in the metal stove, since the heat system has been down lately and leaned back as it crackled and popped. I had work in 'bout an hour from now. I went to my room and pulled on some skinny jeans, a white button down shirt and simple forest green sweater to top it off, including my favorite pair of black pair of high tops. I grabbed the house keys from the nail sticking outta the wall and locked my door behind me.

This is gonna be a great day!

I arrived at the cafe a good 10 minutes later since it was only bout a quarter mile from my apartment complex. The warm air seemed to welcome me as I opened the double doors. I pulled my black apron over my head and tied it at the back and sat at waited for customers. Minutes later the bell chimed and I saw my co-worker Travis Dunn come threw the doors dressed in work slacks and his dirty blond hair neatly in a small bun. "Good Morning Travis, it's great seeing you here. Were ya been?" I asked. "I feel like I been to hell and back. My mother got in a car wreak last week and I have been so stressed I been making myself sick." He complained. "If you ever need anything just run down to my place." I said. "I will."

The bell chimed again and a man with a business suit and a stern expression prowles in. "Can I have a black coffee." He asked. "Bro, it's called a Plain Jane and that'll be a dollar-fifty." Travis said. "Shut your mouth. I could care less, just give me my damn coffee." Travis looked pissed I grabbed his arm and signalled him that'll I'll deal with tell customer. "Sorry bout that sir, but I do believe you were taught some manners. I'm sorry for the mayham and you can have this coffee on me. Just please, next time ya show up don't have your trousers already in a twist." I informed him and gave him his coffee, he just glared at us and stormed out of the café. "Please tell me you spit in his coffee." I joked. "Already ahead of ya." He stated seriously. I chuckled silently.

The bell chimed once more. A group of guys came in, dressed in normal everyday attire. A blond haired with a light blue eyes and dressed in a black jacket and dark blue jeans.

They both came up to me and I quickly pushed Travis to them. "Can I have a breakfast sandwich." The blond haired one asked nicely.

I'm guessing he isn't from, he certainly didn't walk like we do in this small country town.

Travis smiled and shoot a playful look my way. "Yea sure can do. Hey Rose! Come make the BES sandwiche since yours are way better than mine."

"'kay I'll get to it." I said and put the sandwiches together, made the tea and placed them in the booth. Travis came and set the coffee's down next to them. "Enjoy." I mumbled. Travis smirked and sat next to them. "Hey what's y'all's names." He asked. They seemed to hit it off quite well. They were hootin and hollerin. It was crazy.

"Hey Travis. I'll be going out back on a smoke break." I shouted as I went out the back door.

I looked at my watch and lit the cigarette. I only had bout an hour left till I had to pick Ana and William from school. "You know, those are extremely bad for you. That could kill you." A voice said. I turned around to see the blond. "Eh, I don't really care. I'm gonna die one day anyways." I grumbled. "So, Travis told me you could use a hand around here. I'm in search for somr quick cash" He said sitting right next to me. "Of course he did." I chuckled. "My name's Kurapika." He said and put out a hand. I shaked it and he looked confused. "What?" I asked. He grabbed my hand and flipped it over. "Nice Tattoos. Who's William and Ana?" He asked. "My children." When I said that his eyes widened. "Well, their my lil siblings but I am basically their mother to make up for the one we never had." I smiled slightly. "That's sweet. If you don't mind if I ask, but what happened to your parents." He asked gently, almost as if I would break down. I laughed bitterly, "My Mom was just a women in our life that always screamed and yelled, she definitely didn't deserve the title of a mother. She was the neighborhood slut, and one night she just vanished. She didn't come home. Probably found a man that satisfied her needs." I paused for a moment and continued. "My dad, was a good man. He left me when I was 15 years old because he couldn't deal with the heartbreak my mother caused. "

"Oh, I'm so sorry." I stepped on the cigarette. "Thanks for listening, Kurapika." I smiled. "No problem." I went back in the cafe. Getting back to the counter, I put up my apron and checked out.

▫◾◽◼◽◾▫

Figures out that Kurapika didn't have a home. So, we made a deal. He could share if he helped with rent.

"William! Ana!" I yelled, running around frantically in search for the two lost kids around the apartment. "An-" My words hing in my throat when I saw before me. William and Ana had fallen asleep on Kurapika. The three snuggled up on the couch. A smile tughed on my face when I heard Ana mumble 'daddy' in her slumber.

"Yes baby, you have a dad now."