Part 28

Martinus' pov/

I woke up so early today. It's Saturday so I don't have school. Like usual, I directly went to the hospital to tell Angel the good news. I did so well in the tryouts so I'm now officially a part of our football team... again!

When I arrived, I went straight to Angel's room but I couldn't find her. My heart started to beat so fast, I couldn't feel my legs, I couldn't walk! Is she... No she can't! She just can't! I won't let that happen. Angel promised me that she'll stay by my side forever, Ana said that she'll be okay and that everything will be back to normal.

Tears started to fall. She can't leave me! She can't die! Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Tears of joy?", that person said. I turned to see the doctor who was smiling widely. "What do you mean?" I said chocking on my own words.

"Martinus she's awake!"

I heard Kath shouting. I looked at her in the eyes! Is this true? Is this a dream? If this is a dream God please I don't want to wake up.

"Kath... are ...you sure?"

"Yea I am. I came today to visit Angel but I couldn't find her in her room. I asked her doctors and they said that they changed her room because she's  AWAKE! Finally Martinus after all this time!"

I couldn't believe what I heard. I pinched myself several times to see if i'm dreaming and if all this will end when I wake up but it turns out it's real! It's real!"

"Kath where is her room? I have been dying to see her, to see her beautiful face!"

"Follow me!"

As I was walking behind her, I started to think about what will happen to Angel when she'll leave the hospital. Dance was her life but now she can't do it anymore because she'll be... disabled...

I was also thinking if I should tell her that I love her, if I should give her the journal but I don't know if i'm ready for it. What's more important is if she's ready for it!

I stood in front of her door, I put my hand on the handle. This is it! This is the moment I have been waiting for.

"You can do it Martinus!" Kath said.

I opened the door and I saw her. Her face was full of scars but was as shiny and beautiful as before. She turned and smiled at me. This smile gave me life! I got lost in her eyes. I looked at her and I wondered how I got to be so lucky to have her in my life. Every time I see her, i'm more convinced that we belong together.

"I think i'll let you two together alone. Bye sweety, love you!" Angel's mum said as she was walking out of the room.

"And i'll call Marcus to come and see you. He'll be so happy when he'll know the good news." Kath said and closed the door behind her.

I guess we all know that they were making excuses because they want us to be alone. Everyone knows that I need to say something special to Angel, but I'm not sure if Angel wants to know.

So here we are. We were making weird eye contacts with each other instead of just talking like normal persons.

"Hey"

"Hey"

Really Martinus this is the best you can come up with? Hey?

I was so confused. Too many mixed emotions. Where is Ana when you need her?

I don't know if Angel can feel my heart right now, because it's beating her name...

2 parts left