Part 30

"Did we arrive yet?"

"Omg stop asking the same question I told you a hundred times "no"!"

"Well the sun is burning my skin."

"Wait. We're close!"

Today Angel and I decided to go and get some fresh air. It's been 30 days since she last saw the park so she kept begging me to take her there. She used to dance there a lot in front of the people, but now she just wants to get lost in the nature and to write her poems again in this beautiful place.

But what she doesn't know is that I have prepared for her a surprise. We'll have a picnic together and she'll get the chance to meet Ana, the girl who changed my life!

"Okay, we're here! Look over there!"

"Omg a picnic! Just like the other days. Except for, you know..."

"That's ok! And guess who you'll meet? Ana! She always sits on that bench over there so let's go and surprise her!"

Angel was so excited to finally meet her and I was too! I haven't told Ana yet that Angel woke up so I'm sure she'll be as happy as me.

"Over there!"

"I can't see her!"

"What? Where is she? She always sits here all day long!"

"Maybe she's busy today!"

"That can never happen! She spends all her life here!"

" I don't know Martinus! Let's forget about this and eat i'm straving!"

Weird! Ana promised me that whenever I need her, I'll see her here! Why did she break her promise today? I really wanted her to meet Angel.

When we finished eating, I went and saw if she came but, she didn't! Angel soon got bored so we went back home!

The next day, I went there by myself. I really wanted to know why she didn't show up yesterday. But again, she wasn't there. It's like she had disappeared and left earth!

I spotted a middle-aged man so I asked him: "Excuse me sir, have you seen a little girl, blonde with brown eyes and she's like eight? Her name is Ana and she sits all day on the bench over there?"

"I'm sorry but no!"

That didn't help. I went to Angel's house and while I was walking, I saw my former therapist: "Hi Martinus!"

"Hi Miss. Amber!"

"You look sad what's wrong? And why did you stop visiting me?"

I decided to tell her what happened. I really need her right now. I used to go to Ana when I'm uspet, but now I can't, because in fact she's the reason why I'm sad and fed up!

We sat together in a restaurant, and i told her that Angel has finally woken up. She was so happy for me. I also told her about Ana and how she disappeared!

"Oh Martinus, I have been working as a therapist for a long time so I know exactly what's happening with you! Every person faces troubles in his life, he thinks that moving on is something impossible but unconsciously, he learns finally how to forget about this and to live his life! Some people, do it by themselves, others with the help of their friends, but you did it by using your imagination to create Ana so she can convince you that even if Angelica died, life won't stop here and you need to continue!"

"I don't understand."

"Martinus, it's complicated! But you won't see Ana anymore, nobody ever does, it was just you! She wasn't real, she was just there to stop you from destroying your life! But now you don't need her Martinus... You have Angelica back, you have your friends, your family, her work is done!"

"I'm not crazy! I know what I saw is real."

I grabbed my jacket and left. I'm not crazy! I didn't imagine her, she really exists!

.
.
.

Days went so fast and my life with Angel couldn't get better. We soon got married! Her being a disabled didn't get in her way. It took her some time to accept this idea but Marcus, Kath and I were always by her side. She's now the best poet in Norway! I'm glad she could do what she loves.

I forgot to mention that Marcus and Kath got married too. I'm so happy for them. They are both so crazy so they fit perfectly!

I still haven't found Ana. Was the therapist right? Was I really imagining her?

"What are you thinking about Martinus? Is it Ana? Are you still thinking about her?"

"I'm afraid I won't be able to handle what life will throw at me in the future by myself anymore!"

"Martinus, you handled everything by yourself. Ana had never existed I knew!"

"You knew?"

"Do you remember when you told me that she stood right in front of Marcus but he didn't see her? I knew she wasn't real! That's normal that happens with a lot of people when they are depressed."

"And now what am I supposed to do?"

"Nothing! Just forget about her and live your life!"

I held her hand so tight. It's great to have her by my side. Maybe she's right! I don't need Ana anymore! I have her, I have Marcus, I have my family, my career!

Things couldn't get any better. I actually don't think about Ana like I used to. My career is going great. Marcus and I had a concert last week and it was amazing!

While singing my part, I saw an eight year old girl waving at me, then she left. I knew exactly that was Ana, her work here is done and the rest will be up to me. I was sad because she left but then I turned and saw Angel in the front row smiling at me! I knew exactly that Ana made a great job. I continued my song and sang like I've never sung before.

I may not see Ana again but that doesn't matter anymore because I have Angel by my side now. And i may not have the strength yet to fight for what I want but I know that "it will all happen I won't be afraid. If not now, one day...."

...

~The end~

So this is the end of "One day"! I really enjoyed writing it and I hope you liked it. Please tell me what do you think of this book in the comments section because your opinion matters a lot.

Let me just tell you one more thing. "Ana" means "me" in arabic (my first language), that's why the girl is named "Ana". She didn't exist Martinus was just imagining her so basically, she was "him".

So yeah thank you for reading, your votes and comments made me the happiest girl ever. Thank u💕

Follow my instagram fanpage: marcusandmartinusleb

Also I have started a new story called "Started with a cookie". I'll really appreciate if you read it too.

Bye now. Don't forget to tell me your opinion please💕

See ya in my other stories

M