1

Alice's P.O.V

The wind was cold, though never as cold as us. The weather was harsh though no harsher than our eternal existence. Things hadn't been so easy for my family and I, being what we were of course. Though things had gotten easier for me when I began having these certain kinds of visions while one decade ago. When it first hit me, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I didn't understand any of it, I couldn't comprehend it.

I never thought I was gay, it never even came to my attention but here I was in my vision with another woman. A captivatingly beautiful, perfect yet imperfect human. I didn't know her name nor did I know when I would meet her but I knew that one day I would find her. My visions had been occurring on the rate of about twice a week on average and it was torture for me to just have to sit back and wait for her to come to me.

Carlisle thought it would be best that I waited because in the visions she accepted me. If I were to rush things then maybe she wouldn't have been ready to accept what I was and I could lose her forever without even having the chance of knowing her properly. We were driving on the way to school, it was midterm and I was ready for another day of social isolation from the humans at school.

I felt a rush of energy as we approached the turn off for school, it was the usual feeling before I was sucked in by a vision. It was the girl. She was standing in the car park of Forks high. It was the present day and she was standing by her orange, beat up truck. I had seen visions of us previously but they were different. We were laughing, talking, kissing and she didn't even move away from my coldness she actually seemed to embrace it.

This vision was simple as if announcing that finally she had arrived. The girl dropped her books all over the floor and no one else came to help so I felt compelled to go. I blinked several times as my eyesight switched back to what was in front of me rather than to what I was seeing in my vision. Before I knew what I was doing my hand flew to my mouth to cover the shock and awe mixed with a smile that was plastered on my face.

"What is it?" Edward asked from the front seat

"She's here" I whispered while looking around for her orange truck as we pulled up into the car park

"She is?" Jazz asked in front of me, she and Edward were both a little surprised

It was always difficult for me.

Edward had Jazz, they were inseparable. Rosalie had Emmett and Carlisle had Esme. It was always just me. Which was probably why I craved human interaction more than they did, because no matter what they always had someone.

I knew I had hope coming when I started seeing these visions of her but this future was fragile. The future I had seen, the girl accepted me for what I was, she didn't even seem shocked when we touched. She wasn't reluctant to kiss me or told my hand, she just accepted me like I was an average human being. That could always change, she could have easily decided that I was a freak and by every right that is how she should have reacted. She should have pushed me away and never wanted to see me again. On one hand I had wanted that, to protect her. On the other hand though I wanted to know everything about her and I wanted her to know everything about me.

"Alice you have to stop worrying. Things will work out, you just have to let it" Edward said calmly

"Easy for you to say! You're married with your mate and I'm just about to meet mine" I said anxiously and a small smile crept up on my lips "I don't even know the girl's name yet"

"Well if she's here today then you won't have to wait long" Jazz said in a calming voice.

She was using her mojo on me and I could tell. Normally I would have been mad at her for it after but I was actually thankful that she was keeping me calm.