Chapter 3

I knew that I was in the hospital, but I didn't know that they had been able to scratch away the walls built up by the people around me and orphanage so they told them why was here. For a panic attack. Although they didn't say what triggered it.

I don't know if I should tell them. I know that it is not right to keep it a secret, but what happens when I get sent back. I will always have to go back to another orphanage. What happens if the next one is worse?

"Lilith, I am going to go get the doctor, okay?"

I just mumbled a quiet "okay"she was out on her way to go find the well educated, sleep deprived, so-called doctor.

After about 10 minutes the doctor came in named Dr. Brine. He said "Hi! My name is Dr. Brune how are you today?"

"I f-feel fine. When can I leave?"

"I think that you do know, but you don't want to tell us."

"N-no, I don't know why, I j-just had an attack, it h-happens a lot." I was shaking in my sheets, I was going to have another attack. I felt as if this doctor was interrogating me, and if I answered wrong then I would get yelled at.

"Lilith, are you going to have another attack?"

"Y-yes." I closed my eyes and started to scream. I had saw the middle aged man behind my eyelids. The disgusting image of him staring at my nude self.

"What do you see?" Dr. Bune asked calmly.

"H-him. I s-see him."

"Who is him?"

"The m-man that m-made me panic."

"What did he do to you?"

"He r-raped me."

"Okay. I am going to give you a sedative to calm you down. You will most likely fall asleep."

"O-okay." I said still shaking.

***AFTER SHE WOKE UP***

I opened my eyes, and saw a very familiar man with tear stained cheeks.

"A-austin?"

"Hi Lilith, I'm so sorry that this happened to you and that I wasn't here for you." What the hell is he doing here?! How did he know that I was even in the hospital?

"Why are you here?" I voiced my thoughts.

"I'm here because you are in the hospital."

"No shit, but how did you know?"

"Well when I tried to adopt you when you were ten, and they said no"-I winced at that memory-"they said I could be your emergency contact because I'm-"

"Well obviously I'm fine now please get out and don't come back."

"Wait, why should I leave you?"

"You broke your promise!"

"I didn't intentionally hurt you though Lilith, it was out of my control."

"You still could have visited me and not just leave me behind like that!" My breath was getting a lot faster.

"Lilith, calm down. There is something I need to tell you."

"I don't care! You left me and because of that, I got raped so many fucking times in that back room I can't even count them! It is your fault!"

"Lilith, I-" I cut him short.

"No! You don't get to talk. I do. You said that you would come back for me, and you didn't! I got better hoping that you would come back and you didn't. You did nothing..." I was whispering by the last sentence.

"Lilith, I'm your biological father. I can bring you home to my house as soon as you can leave here."

Wait, what?!? He was my real dad. This is something I never wanted to know!

"No."

"Why? I can take care of you like the father I was suppose to be."

"Exactly. Suppose to be, but you weren't. You left my mother. If you didn't leave, my uncle wouldn't have came to live with us. Then he wouldn't have killed my mother! It is your fault she is dead! It's your fault I was raped and beaten."

"Lilith... I'm so sorry. I didn't know that this would happen." My heart beat was increasing faster than the speed of a Ford Mustang.

"You should be. Now get out." Austin dropped his head, sniffles, and nods. He stands up; He walks out, and leaves me in the hospital room alone.