4| the first step

Aspen walked down the stairs and to the front door. Her backpack hanging off her shoulder as her hands were shaking. "Bye dad." Aspen said and looked at her dad. He was sitting at the dinner table with a spoon of cereal in his mouth, his face filled with shock and happiness at his daughter's voice. She hadn't talked to him for three weeks. He took the spoon out and swallowed the cereal. "Bye, have a good day at school ." He said and smiled. "I will." She said and walked out. That was the first step.

Aspen smiled to herself as she walked to school. This could actually be a good day. The warmth from the sun warmed her cold hands as she walked. She was wearing a long burgundy dress over a white t-shirt with her green bomber over. Aspen walked up the stairs to the school when a boy opened the door for her, he was wearing a black leather jacket, black jeans with suspenders and a white turtleneck. His hair was styled in a 50's fashion and he looked slightly asian. "Pretty ladies like you deserve to be opened doors for." He said and smiled. "Thank you." Aspen said and smiled back, she could tell it was a friendly gesture and not in a flirtatious way. "Shibu!" A girl with lime green hair yelled as she run up the stairs. "Hi Lime." Shibu said and smiled. "Hi, I haven't seen you here before, are you new?" She asked and smiled. "Yeah, I started here yesterday." Aspen said and smiled to Lime. They walked in the door and sat down in the cafeteria which was serving breakfast before first period. "So, have you gotten to know anyone yet?" Shibu asked and opened an Arizona. "I met Cooperi." Aspen said and blusehed at the thought of her. "Wasn't she mean towards you?" Lime said in shock. "No, she did say 'what are you looking at' but after I told her I was new here she was very nice." Aspen said and smiled. "You are very like her so i don't know why she isn't like rude towards you." Lime said and looked at Shibu. "Lime!" Shibu said and shushed her. "Like who?" Aspen asked confused. "Nothing! It's nothing." Lime said and rubbed her neck.