Friends

I woke up in the arms of Blue Eyes, his comfort made me smile as I rubbed his furry arm. He started to wake up as he removed his grip on me. I turned over so I can fully face him.
"Thanks, for last night"
"I couldn't ... let ... you freeze"
"I'm sorry I overreacted yesterday"
"You ... didn't. I ... was ... bad to ... spy on you"
"I took it hard because my stepfather used to try to take advantage of me and my sister. He never succeeded but I feel very self-conscious of my body because of him"
"What ... do you mean ... by take advantage?"
"Like, he tried to force us to do things we didn't want to do. Like ... sex"
"Sorry"
"Ya. He never succeeded, we know how to fight back"
"You shouldn't ... feel self-conscious"
I smirked as we made eye contact but it was getting awkward so I got up from his bed and exited the hut. It still seemed early because no other apes were awake yet, so it gave me a chance to eat some fruit by myself.
I sat down on this boulder as I ate my fruit, and Ash greeted me at the rock I was sitting at.
"Morning" he said as he sat down next to me, very close.
"Morning"
"I'm sorry ... for yesterday"
"It's cool. I'm sorry I overreacted"
"It's fine"
He smiled at me as I smirked than this eye contact was getting awkward
"I'm gonna head back to the hut" I said as I got up and walked back to Caesar's hut. As I was walking back I wondered why Blue Eyes and Ash were acting so friendly around me. Did I make them feel that bad?
I made it back to the hut and everyone was awake. Cornelia gestured to me to come over, and I happily followed her command.
"Where did you go sis?"
"I went to eat some fruit"
"Oh Rylea. Our son had the great idea ... of teaching you sign" Caesar said to me.
"Listen Caesar if he doesn't want to he doesn't have to"
"No! I ... want ... to" Blue Eyes said to me very surprisingly.
"What about Kenzie?"
"Maurice can teach her" Caesar responded.
"Uh ... okay. When do we start?" I said nervously.
"Now" Blue Eyes said as he got up and pulled me by the arm.
"Have fun Ry!"
"Thanks" I said as I got pulled out of the hut.
When we got off of the ramp to Caesar's hut, Ash approached us.
"Where ... you ... going?" Ash asked.
"I'm going ... to teach ... her sign" Blue Eyes replied.
"Can I ... come?"
"Sure"
We walked all the way to the shore of the lake so the boys can teach me sign. I was still wondering why they were being nice to me.
They sat me down on a boulder as they knelt down in front of me and started teaching me the basics of signing.
"Wait ... why are you guys acting so nice to me?"
"We ... want to be friends"
"Oh, well okay. We're friends"
They smiled as they continued to teach me sign, I was surprised how well I was picking it up.

*2 hours later*

They taught me a lot, I still messed up a few times but they still got what I was trying to say
"We ... can do more ... later" Blue Eyes said as Ash nodded with him.
"Good. My brain hurts"
They chuckled as I noticed a fish in the shallow end of the lake. I got up and stared at the fish, I than reached in and grabbed the fish with my bare hands. The apes stared at me in shock as I threw the fish in front of them.
Koba than jumped out of tree in front of us. He stared at me as I stood in front of Ash and Blue Eyes. I got nervous once he started walking closer to me.
"I may not trust humans. But you and your sister seem okay. My son wants to hang ... with you guys"
"You ... you have a son?"
"Yes. His name is Hudson" he said as he climbed back in the tree and went back to the colony. I turned to Ash and Blue Eyes.
"Do you guys know his son?"
"Ya ... we don't ... hang with him a lot ... he's shy" Ash said.
"Awe!"
The boys got up and I followed them as I headed back to the colony. They kept staring at me so I looked at both of them and chuckled.
*chuckles* "What?"
"You are a cool ... human" Blue Eyes said.
"I thought that ... also" Ash added onto Blue Eyes's thought.
"We didn't get along at first but ... you guys are like my second best friends"
"Who's the first?" Ash asked.
"My sister, she always comes first in my book. But I want to thank you guys for helping me when I needed it"
They smiled at me as we kept walking in the colony. I couldn't take it anymore and I pulled them both to me to hug them. They both hugged me back tightly.
"I love you guys" I whispered in their ears as  I rubbed their ears and pulled away from the hug.
I was walking up to Caesar's rock as I noticed my sister laughing along with an ape. She excused herself from her conversation and ran up to me.
"Hey how was your time with Blue and Ash"
"It was good, we all connected very well. So who were you talking to"
"Oh that's Hudson, son of Koba. He's very nice and funny. I don't know if it's possible but I might be falling for an ape"
"You just met ... don't make this some Disney Princess bullshit"
"Don't worry about that. But what about you?"
"What about me?"
"You like Ash and Blue Eyes, don't you?"
"Well ya I told them I consider them my second best friends"
"Rylea be serious!"
"Okay I might have feelings for both of them"
"Awe!"
"Don't awe!"
"Oh I got you some fruit for dinner" Kenzie said as she handed me a small handful of fruit.
"Thanks. But the difference between you and me is Hudson looks like he likes you. I don't think Ash and Blue Eyes like me like that"
"Oh please they do!"
"You think?"
"Yes Rylea they do!"
I couldn't help but smile.
"Well it's getting late imma get ready for bed. You can get back to Hudson"
"Kk later sis"
I headed back up to Caesar's hut and started settling in for bed. Caesar and Cornelia greeted me as I entered the hut.
"Did you learn a lot?" Caesar asked.
"Ya I did. It was fun"
Little Cornelius was gibbering in Cornelia's arms, it made me smile.
"Did ... my son ... treat ... you well?" Cornelia asked as Cornelius squirmed in her arms.
"Yes he did"
Blue Eyes than walked in the hut and smiled at me. Caesar and Cornelia were trying to settle Cornelius down for bedtime. I moved away from Blue's bed and started settling in my corner. Kenzie walked in with a smile on her face and sat next to me.
"Hudson is such a joker"
"So you had fun I'm guessing"
"Yes but I'm really tired now. Are you sure you don't need any of my blankets?"
"Yes I'll be fine because ..."
"Because ... she'll be sleeping ... with me" Blue Eyes interrupted.
I smiled at my sister and she smiled back as she headed back to her spot to sleep.
"Night Ry, love you"
"Love you too"
I crawled back to Blue Eyes's nest as Cornelia and Caesar looked at us and smiled. We settled down in the position we were in last night, and we both loved embracing each other's comfort. And we slept the night away happily comforting each other.